Chocolate-Covered Banana Cake with Strawberries and Cream Cheese Frosting

Chocolate-Covered Banana Cake with Strawberries and Cream Cheese  Frosting

With Easter approaching, I’ve teamed up with Driscoll’s Berries to create a fabulously festive cake fit for spring celebrations. I was inspired by some of my favorite flavors in banana split desserts – bananas, strawberries and chocolate! I baked up a banana cake adapted from my summer banana snack cake, filled the cake with fresh strawberries, covered it in cream cheese frosting, doused it in chocolate ganache, and topped it with more fresh strawberries.

Festive, delicious, and dancing with the most amazing combination of flavors.

Head on over to Driscoll’s to see my blog post and the cake recipe.

18 Responses to “Chocolate-Covered Banana Cake with Strawberries and Cream Cheese Frosting”

1. Hari Chandana on April 13, 2014 at 2:58 am

Looks so beautiful!!

2. Jennifer | Jennifer Bakes on April 13, 2014 at 4:29 am

Mmm. Looks delicious. I’ve fallen in love with Easter baking this week after making some cheesecake Easter Eggs. This will definitely be added to the list.

3. Emilia on April 13, 2014 at 6:40 am

This looks great, Michele – can’t wait to try it. When I look at the picture, it almost seems like there’s some cream cheese frosting between the layers (and not just at the edge of the cake). Is there? I just was wondering so I make sure to get it right. Thanks!!

4. My Linh on April 13, 2014 at 11:18 am

Yum, yum, yum~~ that frosting makes me drool! Perfect combo of flavors :D I think I will have to run a couple of extra miles after easter..^^;

5. Willemijn on April 13, 2014 at 2:14 pm

That looks pretty delicious to me! Beautiful!

Sadly, I’m still in a 30-day no sugar challenge, LOL. I shouldn’t be reading articles like this..

6. Lisa @ Simple Pairings on April 13, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Stunning cake! That chocolate icing looks so rich and thick :)

7. Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking on April 13, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Mmm chocolate covered banana cake! That sounds heavenly!

8. Pat in Miss. on April 13, 2014 at 5:37 pm

I agree with Emilia. The filling looks like it has cream cheese frosting along with the strawberries and the strawberries look like they have been mashed. I think I would macerate the strawberries with a little sugar, depending on the sweetness of the berries.

9. LizzFromCali on April 13, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Oh Michelle!! Super Yum Looking!! Tell me, if I sub whole milk for the buttermilk, what, if any, flavor or texture issue will I have in the final product? (May I add, in an unrelated comment, lol, The Glaze for the Sweet n Sour Chicken is just The Bomb!! Will NEVER go back to bottled or any of the other 10 recipes I have for the sauce)

10. Maxine on April 13, 2014 at 7:05 pm

This cake looks delicious! I love Driscoll’s strawberries. Seriously, if I’m at Kroger and they have run out, I will not buy the other brand, because Driscoll’s are perfect every time. Michelle, you deserve the honor of being featured by Driscoll’s, you are a baker-extraordinaire!

11. Melissa on April 13, 2014 at 11:27 pm

That cake looks mouthwateringly delicious. The outside reminds me of the dipped chocolate you can get at dairy queen with the vanilla cones. Now i really want ice cream from DQ haha.

12. Marcie on April 14, 2014 at 12:31 am

Wow, Michelle — what a beautiful cake! I love all of the flavors and that ganache just looks divine!

13. Kelly on April 14, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Looks delicious!! Wish I was eating some right now!

14. Claire on April 15, 2014 at 3:42 pm

The recipe on the Driscoll’s site is screwed up. The “Final Assembly and Garnish” section is before the “Cream Cheese Frosting” and “Ganache” sections. I realize most people can figure this out for themselves, but you may want to ask them to fix it anyway!

• Michelle on April 16th, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Hi Claire, Thank you for the heads-up! I’ll let them know!

15. Nicole on April 18, 2014 at 7:30 am

For the filling, do you simply slice the strawberries? There is no prep instructions for this step. However, it does reference sliced strawberries but the picture appears that they are almost mashed. I’m planning to make this for our Easter dessert. Thanks!

16. ~LaLonne on July 23, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I’m finally cleaning out my email account – we had family issues and I haven’t been able to get online. :( So, I’ve finally come to this post of yours – I went to their site and was kind of sad that they didn’t even give you credit anywhere for creating this fabulous cake! What’s THAT all about?! I love your blog, Michelle, all your personal stories about you and CCC, your furry baby stories, and congratulations on the upcoming baby! I can’t believe it! :) :) :) Yay! (*Cutest* baby bump I’ve ever seen! The puppy fur was the PERFECT finishing touch! ;) )