A Big, Big, BIG Announcement!!

Einstein and Duke have some very exciting news to share…

We're having a baby!

The BEB family is expanding, and no, we are not getting another dog ;-)

WE’RE HAVING A BABY!!!

I am 14 weeks today and little (two-legged) baby brother or sister is due to arrive around January 12, 2015. We are SO excited and I’ve been dying to tell you all!

No crazy cravings yet, and only one specific food aversion. You may have noticed a drop off in recipes containing, of all things… chocolate. Ugh! I can do a little chocolate if it’s in something else, like a chocolate swirl in ice cream, or a peanut butter cup (!), but forget about things like chocolate ice cream, cake or brownies. I haven’t wanted it at all, and when I do eat just a little bit, I feel sick. What a bummer, I hope this passes!

Aside from some nausea during weeks 6-10, the only other really negative symptom I’ve had is some mind-numbing exhaustion. Holy crap, some days I was almost in tears just because I was SO TIRED. I’ve never been much of a napper (well, since college, anyway!), but napping has become an almost daily occurrence for me. Some days I know I need to go lay down and sleep for awhile, and others I just randomly pass out on the couch.

On a positive note, I finally have the beginnings of a bump! I was so excited to start seeing a belly show up :)

(Apologies for the dog hair all over my shirt – the pups are shedding like crazy right now and I was hugging them before we took this picture.)

13-week baby bump

I’ll certainly be keeping you updated as things move along, and am so excited to finally share this news with you! ❤️

493 Responses to “A Big, Big, BIG Announcement!!”

Comment Pages 1 2 3 4 10
  1. Helen on July 14, 2014 at 6:38 am

Great news! Take advantage of those naps! Congrats!

2. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on July 14, 2014 at 6:40 am

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I think it’s cute that you and your friend Jessica from How Sweet it Is pregnant at the same time. :)

3. Kim on July 14, 2014 at 6:47 am

So happy for you! I loved being pregnant, it felt so……different. Wait till that little one pushes with his feet or rolls over in your womb. Crazy good feeling!

4. Amber on July 14, 2014 at 6:50 am

Congratulations! Becoming a mom is a wonderful, hard, exciting, overwhelming, and the best thing to ever happen (to me).

5. Donna Walker on July 14, 2014 at 6:51 am

Congratulation! I am so very excited for you and your family. Those two are going to have a blast with the baby and will be so protective. Enjoy you time now so you can savor all the changes as they happen, because time will go so fast and before you know it January will be here. I wrote letters once a month to my baby (we didn’t want to know the sex) so they would know just how much I loved them before I even met them! Good luck and get lots of sleep!

6. Ada on July 14, 2014 at 6:52 am

Wow, wow, wow!!!!! Michelle, I am so happy for you. Your family will be in my prayers, and many, many, many, many more blessings.

7. Donna on July 14, 2014 at 6:52 am

Congrats! Your two elder sons (Einstein and Duke) are just beautiful!

8. shelley on July 14, 2014 at 6:59 am

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!!!

9. Joy on July 14, 2014 at 7:02 am

congrats, Einstein and Duke will make worthy brothers. take it easy.

10. Debbie S on July 14, 2014 at 7:03 am

Congratulations to the whole family!

11. Paula on July 14, 2014 at 7:03 am

Cutest pregnancy announcement picture yet! Congratulations and sincere best wishes.

12. Laura on July 14, 2014 at 7:03 am

Congratulations! Motherhood is a wonderful journey! You are blessed.

13. Sarah Beth on July 14, 2014 at 7:05 am

Congratulations!
    We’re expecting too (Jan 4th) and my biggest food aversion in the first few weeks was Chocolate Chip cookies…a total bummer. So happy for you and your little family! I’m certain Duke and Einstein will be fabulous big brothers!

14. Let's Have Mixture on July 14, 2014 at 7:06 am

Congratulations!!!

15. Dana on July 14, 2014 at 7:06 am

Oh, wow! Congratulations!! So very happy for you and your Chief Culinary Consultant! Wishing you a very healthy and happy pregnancy! Your new addition will bring lots of joy!

16. Therese on July 14, 2014 at 7:13 am

That is so exciting! Thanks for sharing!

17. Cally on July 14, 2014 at 7:14 am

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I love the tshirts! I am sure they will make great big brothers. :)

18. Bev on July 14, 2014 at 7:16 am

Congratulations!

19. Key2cakes on July 14, 2014 at 7:21 am

Congratulations and many, many blessings to you and your family!! I am a fellow Pittsburgher and have been a fan for a long time!

20. Jodi4372 on July 14, 2014 at 7:21 am

So happy for you!! Congratulations!! January 12th…that’s my birthday :) Best wishes on a healthy baby in 2015!! I hope the chocolate aversion passes soon:)

21. Sharon on July 14, 2014 at 7:21 am

My well wishes can be added to all the others, Heartfelt Congratulations to you and hubby. I know the pups will love her/she just like you love them.

22. Jackie on July 14, 2014 at 7:23 am

Yay – Sooo excited for you!!! Your life is gonna change in a great way!

23. laura H on July 14, 2014 at 7:23 am

Oh my, how exciting!!!! Congratulations and all the best with the pregnancy, and hope everyone is healthy. Loved being pregnant, nothing like it. Enjoy.

24. Megan Jenkins on July 14, 2014 at 7:24 am

Congrats! And congrats on having a very dedicated late night / early morning blog reading fanbase! I looked and thought, 70 comments at 7:23 am? Impressive!

25. Mary bureltt on July 14, 2014 at 7:24 am

Congratulations to you Michelle and to your CCC. We';; be with all the way!

26. Lisa G on July 14, 2014 at 7:24 am

Congratulations on the good news!

27. Valerie's Viand on July 14, 2014 at 7:24 am

Congratss! I saw the subject and guessed it was a child. I just hope it’s born on the 13th, because… THATS MY BIRTHDAY! Another Steelers Capricorn so exciting.

28. Domenica on July 14, 2014 at 7:25 am

This is wonderful news! Congratulations to you and the family!

29. Estelle on July 14, 2014 at 7:26 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What wonderful news to start a Monday morning!! Wishing you and your family the very very best!!!

30. Suz on July 14, 2014 at 7:30 am

Couldn’t be happier for all of you. Please listen to your body and take advantage of those naps, it’s your system asking you for help to produce this beautiful new addition to your family. Thank goodness the temporary food issue is chocolate and not peanut butter, you would really be disappointed, but this too shall pass. Best Wishes and can’t wait to hear all about everything.

31. Julie C. on July 14, 2014 at 7:32 am

Congratulations!!! How exciting for you and your family!!! I can’t wait to follow this journey w/ you!!! :-)

32. Laura on July 14, 2014 at 7:32 am

Congratulations! So happy to hear this news!

33. Mary Anne Paul on July 14, 2014 at 7:34 am

Yay! Congratulations! I thought something was up……I did notice drop in chocolate recipes? So, so happy for you & CCC & the big brothers!

34. Maria in NJ on July 14, 2014 at 7:35 am

Oh Michelle! how exciting! congratulations to you and your husband on your new addition…

35. Helen Sturgeon on July 14, 2014 at 7:35 am

Congratulations! You will be an AWESOME mom! What a wonderful time in your life…. Enjoy every minute ( including the naps!).

36. Diane on July 14, 2014 at 7:37 am

What happy news! Congratulations!

37. Traci on July 14, 2014 at 7:37 am

Your post made smile. Congratulations!

38. Meaghan on July 14, 2014 at 7:38 am

Congratulations! What wonderful news! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy.

39. Monica on July 14, 2014 at 7:38 am

That’s so wonderful and exciting!!!! I can already see the baby climbing all over Einstein and Duke :-). Keep the monthly baby bump photos coming :-)

40. Danielle on July 14, 2014 at 7:40 am

Congratulations!! I just had a little one two weeks ago today and let me just tell you, it’s all worth it! Every bit of it! Pregnancy takes a strong woman and it’s so special, yet not easy, but what you get in the end is the best reward you could ever ask for :) Our two dogs have taken a bit to adjust, but they do just thst and in no time, you’ll feel like you never knew what it was like not to have a baby around and they will feel thst way too. How exciting! I hope your dislike for chocolate goes away soon!! Crazy hoe pregnancy does that! I hated cucumbers before I was pregnant and now I love them! Fish was my good adversion and I still don’t care for it as much now, but you have to love chocolate again someday, it just wouldn’t be right otherwise!
    Congrats again!!

41. Trinidi on July 14, 2014 at 7:42 am

I knew it when I saw the title. Yayyyyy. Congrats!!!!!!

42. Lauren at Keep It Sweet on July 14, 2014 at 7:46 am

Ah congrats! And don’t worry, your energy WILL come back. I felt so tired I could barely take it and around week 15 or so I FINALLY started to feel normal and energized again!

43. Sue on July 14, 2014 at 7:46 am

Woohoo! I’m so happy for you! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy.

44. Linda Jean on July 14, 2014 at 7:50 am

That’s just awesome news! Congratulations! Parenthood is a great adventure!

45. Bri | Bites of Bri on July 14, 2014 at 7:51 am

Ahhhh! So exciting!!!! Congrats on the big news!

46. Linda on July 14, 2014 at 7:52 am

YAAAAY! :-) Congratulations! :-) The pictures are adorable! How exciting! But chocolate….really?! I am sorry to hear that part for you. ;)

47. SusieQ on July 14, 2014 at 7:53 am

When I first saw the picture i thought, ‘wow, another puppy?!’ To be honest, I thought you were a little crazy. But I was wrong. CONGRATULATIONS! I look forward to following your pregnancy.

48. Karla on July 14, 2014 at 7:54 am

Congratulations! That is so exciting and am sure Duke and Einstein will jus love him or her. Keep napping, and yes, the desire for Chocolate will return.

49. Cindy on July 14, 2014 at 7:54 am

Congratulations!!!

50. Martha in KS on July 14, 2014 at 7:55 am

Congrats, Michelle! When you posted the pix of you in the recliner, I wondered if you were ill – now I know why you were taking it easy. So happy for you two!

Comment Pages 1 2 3 4 10