2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, warm or at room temperature
2 tablespoons anisette liquor
2/3 cup whole pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl on medium speed, cream together the vegetable oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the anisette liquor and mix to combine. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Add the pecans and mix briefly to combine.
3. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly to make sure the nuts are incorporated.
4. Divide the dough into two pieces and form each into a log approximately 12 inches by 3 inches. Place both on the baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
5. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Slice the logs on the diagonal, about ½ to ¾-inch in width. Place the biscotti back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 20 minutes, turned them once halfway through baking. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature before storing.