I don’t eat muffins for breakfast very often, but when I do, I gravitate to either banana or blueberry varieties. No doubt a big part of that is that they both tend to have a dessert-like consistency and flavor to them. If I’m going to have something sweet for breakfast, I’m going to go all-in! I’ve been making these easy banana muffins for ages now and I’ve yet to find another recipe that I like better. These turn out fluffy, moist and tasting just like banana bread… a breakfast win, for sure.
I love that this recipe makes more than the standard 12 muffins because they freeze wonderfully. I’ll typically leave a handful of muffins out for a few days’ worth of breakfasts, then freeze the remaining ones. After a quick zap in the microwave, they’re perfect.
What are your favorite types of muffins?
Yield: 18 to 22 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
These easy Banana Muffins are the best you'll ever eat!
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 ripe bananas, peeled and coarsely mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two standard-size muffin tins with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until completely combined. Gently stir in the banana.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and, using a rubber spatula, fold the batter together until just blended.
5. Fill the prepared muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake the muffins until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a rack and cool slightly before removing and serving. The muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 1 month.
(Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis)