1½ Tablespoons butter
5 ounces (or ½ bag) marshmallows
½ cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups crisped rice cereal
2 cups (1 bag) milk chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening
1. Grease an 8x8-inch pan. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add in the marshmallow and stir until melted. Add the peanut butter and continue stirring until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in the cereal until completely coated.
3. With buttered hands, press the mixture into the greased pan and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until set.
4. Remove pan from refrigerator, run a knife around the edges and turn out onto a cutting board. Cut into 36 squares.
5. Using either a double boiler or a microwave heating in 30-second intervals, melt the chocolate chips and shortening together until completely melted and smooth.
6. Working with one square at a time, drop a square into the chocolate and, using a toothpick, turn it over so it is completely covered in chocolate and then remove it to a baking sheet lined with a sheet of wax paper. Repeat with all squares.
7. Refrigerate until chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.