1. My husband took Joseph to his parents’ house last week and he found my husband’s old Dukes of Hazard cup from when he was a kid, and apparently he carried it around the entire time he was there. He is now obsessed with this cup and is eating almost all of his snacks out of it. Also, he points to Daisy Duke and says, “Ba Ba?” Brownie points to my oldest for thinking Daisy Duke looks like his mama 😉
Dominic has been doing great! We still haven’t had any insane nights, which I’m beyond grateful for. He’s been pretty consistent waking up twice, which, although I’m tiiiiiiired, is totally manageable. We’ve found that so far he and Joseph have been mostly opposite in terms of what they prefer, things that soothe them, etc. Probably just the beginning of seeing how different they will be!
2. It has been downright blustery here the last few days and I cannot get warm! We’ve been running the fireplace a ton and I’ve been taking piping hot showers, which feel amazing, but leave me with seriously parched skin. I might need to invest in a Snuggie… are those still around?!
3. When I came home from the hospital with Dominic, a big tin from The Popcorn Factory was waiting for me. As soon as I opened it, I was immediately taken back to the mid-80’s… the smell hit me like a ton of bricks. The mixture of butter, cheddar and caramel popcorn reminded me so much of the tins my dad used to bring home from work every year around Christmas. I felt like I was sitting in the living room at our old house, watching Christmas movies. (We got a Steelers tin, and they have all of the NFL teams!)
4. And because three different types of popcorn apparently isn’t enough, it just made me crave a big bag of kettle corn from our local orchard. I need to make a trip there to get some!
5. Ina Garten’s new cookbook, Cooking for Jeffrey, came out this week and I can’t wait to get my hands on it! I’ve adored Ina since the first time I laid eyes on her Barefoot Contessa show, and I’m loving all of the press for her book. Some of my favorites this week >>
6. One of the things I’m working on getting done before the end of the year is a digital cleanup of my laptop. I have files everywhere and it’s driving me bananas. A couple of good resources that I’ve found in case you’re in the same boat:
7. These peeling tricks are outstanding!
8. Our DVR has been pretty barren lately, with most of our favorite shows still on hiatus. The Blacklist is the only thing we’re currently keeping up with, but we recently started watching Bull on CBS. It’s pretty decent and is a good way to fill a little of the TV-watching void.
9. It’s Halloween weekend! Are you having a party? Going to one? Watching scary movies? (I hate them!) Are you dressing up? Tell me about your costume!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a warm and cozy weekend!