1. Happy first day of summer! I’ve been loving the pretty sunsets recently, plus I saw my first lightning bugs of the season this week!
2. Speaking of the first day of summer, we recently bought a new grill and can’t wait to fire it up! What are some of your favorite things to make on the grill?
3. The number of unread magazines that made the journey to the new house is downright embarrassing (three entire reusable shopping bags full). I’m slowly going through the stacks, but yikes. I really need to get into the habit of reading them as soon as they arrive!
4. I’ve been going through bags of Sun Chips (Harvest Cheddar, to be exact) at a ridiculous rate. Is anyone else completely addicted to them?
5. Can I get an “Amen”?!
6. Speaking of cornbread, does anyone have a great corn spoon bread or corn pudding recipe? I had some at a picnic years ago and never got the recipe. I’ve been regretting it ever since!
7. I still haven’t mastered photographing fireworks, but I’m hoping I can improve this year. I’m going to study these 15 Tips for Successful Fireworks Photography before I head out to watch any displays this year!
8. Yesterday, I met my friend for lunch at her office and she gave me a tour of the place. They have tons of kitchen areas throughout the office that are stocked with free food and snacks, but here’s what I found kind of neat – they place healthier snacks (dried fruit, nuts, pretzels, fresh fruit, etc.) in clear glass jars, while they store the unhealthy snacks (chocolate, junk food) in solid white canisters or in drawers. Sort of “out of sight, out of mind” so you’re drawn to the healthier snacks since they’re the first thing that catches your eye. I might need to try that in my own kitchen!
9. Official sign that I’m old – when I have on satellite radio in the car I see the artist “Robin Thicke” pop up… I immediately think, “Whoa, the dad from Growing Pains sings now?!” Yeah, totally not ALAN Thicke (although after a quick Google search, found out it’s his son). Still couldn’t tell you what Robin Thicke sings. Pass me an afghan and an after dinner mint, please.
10. TGIF! I hope you get to enjoy some time outside!