1. Happy Valentine’s Day! I suggest that in order to celebrate properly, you indulge in some cake for breakfast this morning 🙂 [I ordered this mug from Macy’s way before Christmas; it was backordered multiple times, and finally arrived. I love it!]
2. We had to leave for Florida a day later than planned due to the snow and ice storm that ripped through the southern states, so we are currently on the second leg of our drive and hope to arrive this afternoon. The memorial services for my Chief Culinary Consultant’s grandfather are tomorrow and Sunday; we are sticking around to soak up some nice weather on Monday, and then heading back home on Tuesday.
3. Unfortunately, my mom and sister’s work schedules weren’t conducive to puppy-sitting Einstein and Duke, so they are being boarded while we’re gone. I’m pretty much inconsolable when I have to board Einstein at the kennel, I always feel awful. The place we take them is so awesome, and they are really well taken care of, and I know it’s good for them to socialize, but I can’t help but to feel so bad. This will be Duke’s first time being boarded, and I feel especially wretched; I hope he doesn’t think we abandoned him 🙁 At least he will be bunking with Einstein and will have is big brother to look after him… OR, he will terrorize Einstein and Einy will try to escape. One or the other.
4. Have you begun watching the Olympics? What are your favorite events? I’ve enjoyed everything so far (we’ve been watching everyday), but not surprisingly, I’m most excited for the men’s ice hockey! I watched the USA vs Canada women’s game on Wednesday morning, and it got me especially pumped for watching the men’s games.
5. I missed the opening ceremonies last Friday night, but my Chief Culinary Consultant and I cannot stop watching this video of the Russian Police Choir singing “Get Lucky” (as a result, it’s been stuck in my head for the better part of a week) – I love it! You have to go watch it (I couldn’t embed this particular video).
6. Speaking of the Olympics, did you see the luge track that this family in Minnesota built in their backyard? So awesome!
7. Last weekend, we celebrated my Chief Culinary Consultant’s birthday (yay!). When I asked him what kind of cake he’d like, he requested an ice cream cake. It turned out fabulously, and I can’t wait to share the recipe with you! Bonus: the cake didn’t melt when we lit the candles!
8. We went to a hockey game last Friday, and the older gentleman sitting next to me came back to his seat with some delicious-looking French fries. My CCC jokingly said that he’d give me a dollar if I snuck a fry while the guy wasn’t looking.
For some reason, I could not stop laughing. I giggled for a good 10 minutes thinking about this poor guy getting a fry swiped!
9. Duke was utterly fascinated by a baby caterpillar on the kitchen floor earlier this week.
He’s so cute when he’s curious!
10. TGIF! I can’t wait to give my pups lots of hugs when we get back!