1. Duke is ELEVEN months old today! Gah! He still looks like a little puppy in this picture 🙂
2. I have been seeing so many blooming rhododendron bushes over the last week, I feel like they’re everywhere, and they’re gorgeous! I just love their color. I need a handful of potted plants to spruce up the front door and the back patio for summer. Any suggestions?
3. Have you tried the CND Vinylux long-lasting nail polish? I’m totally intrigued and wondering if it really lasts all that much longer than regular polish. Also, has anyone tried just the top coat with another brand of nail polish? I’m totally an Essie girl and love their colors!
4. My sister showed up at my house last Sunday with a bag of dark chocolate sea salt caramels from Mon Aimee Chocolat, which is located in the Strip District of Pittsburgh. OH.MY.GOD. Needless to say, they were polished off before the day was over, and yesterday, she brought me another bag. If you live in Pittsburgh, you HAVE to try them! I need to get to the store and check out everything else they have!
5. So, I finally got around to checking out Scandal; I watched the first three episodes this week. I’m not sure that it lives up to the intensity of shows like House of Cards and Homeland, but it was a decent watch. My sister said it gets better toward the end of the first season, so I’m holding out hope.
6. In the meantime, I’m pseudo-watching the Stanley Cup playoffs, half-heartedly watching a little baseball, and this week we started watching the miniseries on the History Channel, The World Wars. I get sucked into history stuff like that; I find it so interesting. We’ve watched one part, two more to go!
7. I finally saw Captain Phillips last weekend, and oh my, I just could not imagine being in that situation. I thought it was a great movie, plus I love Tom Hanks. We’re definitely due to check out some more movies!
8. I’m loving this post by Food in Jars about storing fresh produce without plastic bags, and I totally want all of the products she mentioned.
9. I’ve been hearing about cutting baked goods with dental floss for quite awhile now, but just recently tried it myself. It’s awesome. Such clean, non-messy slices! Just make sure to use unflavored floss and to cut on a flat surface. I realized when trying to do this on a cake plate with a lip around the edge that it was nearly impossible to maneuver the floss the whole way to the bottom. Check out this You Tube video for a demonstration on how to do it.
10. TGIF! Sunday is JUNE! Bring on the dog days of summer!