1. Play time is serious business around these parts. They love each other, I swear!
2. There are two times of year that scream “pie!” to me – Thanksgiving and summer. What’s your favorite summer pie? I need to get baking!
3. This past weekend was Operation Get Flowers and Add Color to the Yard, and I’m happy to report we were successful. Love the pops of purple and pink!
4. This Buzzfeed list of 30 Words That Have A Different Meaning After You Turn 30 is so, so true. Love it, especially since I just caught some Friends reruns earlier this week.
5. On Tuesday, my Chief Culinary Consultant did some painting at our house, so I took Einstein and Duke to my mom’s for the day. Dogs and paint do not mix! My mom’s lab/greyhound mix, Bella, is 15 (FIFTEEN!) and still going strong. She and Einstein used to play all the time, but her legs are a little too frail for that now. So, imagine my surprise when Duke sidled up next to her in the living room, giving her a gentle, pseudo-hip check, and she turned around, got on her hind legs and gave him a couple of good swipes with her paws. The old girl’s still got it 🙂
6. I watched Walk the Line for approximately the umpteenth time this week. I don’t think I will ever tire of that movie, it totally grips me and I always get goosebumps at the end.
7. I am currently splurging on Edy’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup and waffle cones at my house. What’s in your freezer right now?
8. Speaking of ice cream, I have a confession. I say this with the disclaimer that I have never been to Italy and had real gelato, but I’ve tried a number of different gelato flavors and… I just don’t like it! They all seem to have a weird sort of taste/consistency; am I just not finding good stuff?! Give me the scoop on gelato!
9. I had a dream about meeting my grandparents for lunch at Uno’s the other night (which is odd because there isn’t one near me and I’ve only been 2 or 3 times in my life), and now I’m craving deep dish pizza like mad. I might have to make it happen this weekend.
10. TGIF! This face, OMG… Duke says hi 🙂