1. When this little devil isn’t causing trouble, he’s absurdly handsome 🙂
2. Did you see this video on the mathematically correct way to cut a cake? It would definitely keep it fresher if you have leftovers, but my Chief Culinary Consultant noted that the last pieces would have an extraordinarily high frosting-to-cake ratio. That’s fine by me, but I know a lot of people that scrape frosting off of cake (it’s like I don’t even know you!).
3. Do you remember the new crochet project that I mentioned a few weeks ago? Well, now that the cat is out of the bag, I can share it with you! I am making this rainbow baby blanket, which I saw on Pinterest well over a year ago and saved with the intention of attempting to make one day when I got pregnant. It seemed totally overwhelming when looked at it, but I’m just doing a square at a time and it’s not bad at all. I have the pattern mostly memorized and can finish one square in about 30-40 minutes. I’m so excited to see it turn into a blanket!
4. While we’re on the subject, I have some private pregnancy and baby-related Pinterest boards that I’ve been keeping for awhile. Yay or nay on making them public? I don’t want to inundate you all with baby stuff, but if you’d be interested in seeing that stuff pop up in your feed, let me know!
5. This BuzzFeed list of 18 Secrets People in a Long-Term Relationship Won’t Tell You is awesome… #7 is totally representative of our house… down to position on the couch and me on my laptop and my husband on his phone. I always get bummed when I tell him something he’s already seen 😉
6. During my last trip to the grocery store, I bought fruit bars and Haagen Dazs ice cream bars. As soon as I did, the temperatures dropped dramatically and it’s feeling more like spring or fall outside. If that’s the trick to pleasant summer weather, I’ll stock up every single week. This weather has been fabulous!
7. In my newest issue of Real Simple magazine, there was a blurb about organizing photos. They recommended the website ScanMyPhotos.com; you can send up to 1,800 photos in one box and they scan them all and put them on DVD and send them back. I am seriously considering doing this for the umpteen photo albums I have from high school and college that are still sitting on the top shelf of my bedroom closet at my mom’s house.
8. So, I finallllllly finished all three seasons of Scandal. It ended up being so much better than I anticipated after the first couple of episodes! Now, I’m totally hooked and want the new season to start immediately, because I am most definitely not okay with the way the last season ended. I’m 100% on Team Fitz… can’t they just move to Vermont and make jam already?!
9. I definitely go in spurts when it comes to my photography, aside from recipe photography. I love this compilation of 14 Photography Project Ideas to get a jump-start on playing around with the camera more often!
10. TGIF! I hope your weekend is more comfortable than Einstein’s nap appears to be…