5½ cups traditional rolled oats (not quick oats)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ cup light brown sugar
¾ cup applesauce (I use natural/unsweetened)
¼ cup honey
1½ cups chopped or slivered almonds
¾ cup dried cranberries
¾ cup chopped dried apricots
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, applesauce and honey until thoroughly combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well, until all of the oats are moistened. Spread on the prepared pan in an even layer.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and turn the granola over very carefully using a wide spatula (you'll probably need to do this in sections). Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
6. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
7. Break up the granola into chunks and stir in the almonds, dried cranberries and apricots. Store in an airtight container.