Happy New Year!
Like most years seem to do, 2011 came and went in a New York minute. Looking back, it seems to be but a blur. Good thing I took a lot of pictures! The collage above is a nice little snapshot of the fun I had this year.
- I got to see a lot of hockey, including Brent Johnson KO’ing DiPietro, a playoff game at Consol, Sid’s comeback game (which is now bittersweet), and much more.
- I spent a few warm summer evenings at the ballpark with a great view of downtown Pittsburgh.
- I went to my first U2 concert and loved every single second of it.
- I went to Florida twice and soaked up the warm sun, tennis matches, a drive-thru safari, more hockey, shopping, and many, many conch fritters.
- I spent a day in Annapolis, MD. Such a pretty little town!
- I saw the Steelers beat the Patriots at Heinz Field.
- I played a lot of fetch with Einstein.
- I baked a lot. A. LOT.
- And much, much more.
The one (and large) dark spot on the year was the loss of my grandma this past October. It took us all by surprise, but I continue to be comforted by the knowledge that she lived an incredibly full and happy life, always surrounded by friends and family that loved her just as much as she loved them. One day we’ll make gnocchi and ravioli together again…
I want to wish each of you an incredibly Happy New Year. May 2012 bring you all the goodness that life has to offer.
And a special thank you for being a part of this community, for continuing to make this site fun for me, for sharing your ideas, your life and your kitchen adventures with me. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives, in and out of the kitchen. I’m excited about all the new projects we’ll tackle together in the coming year!