Honey-Vanilla Sour Cream Pound Cake
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup Breakstone’s sour cream
6 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and grease a 10” tube pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy,
about 4 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the Breakstone’s sour cream, eggs, vanilla and honey.
5. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour alternately with the wet mixture, beginning and ending with the
flour mixture and mixing until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to give the batter a final mix.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and baked for 1 hour, 20 minutes or until a thin knife inserted into
the middle comes out clean.
7. Cool completely before serving. Leftover cake can be stored at room temperature, wrapped well with plastic wrap.