Ahh, summer. It’s been a good one, hasn’t it? What were some of your summer highlights? I enjoyed ballgames with cityscapes in the background, a U2 concert, playing board games outside on warm summer evenings, making pickles, 4th of July fun, and much more.
Since summer is coming to a close and we’re only two weeks away from Labor Day, I wanted to share with you 10 of my most favorite recipes that I’ve made this summer. I’ve made a lot of my tried-and-true recipes, but these are all new ones that immediately stole a little piece of my heart. Whether you decide to tackle them between now and the end of summer, or tuck them away for snowy baking days, I definitely think they deserve a spot on your “to-bake” list!
1. Blueberry Muffins – I made these right after Memorial Day and they were the perfect recipe to welcome summer with open arms. Tons of fresh blueberries and such a bright flavor, these have become my all-time favorite muffin recipe. Amazing!
2. Date, Rum & Pecan Ice Cream – Sometimes summer makes you want to kick things up a notch. Or spike foods that you otherwise wouldn’t spike (ahem, vodka watermelon). This ice cream is utterly incredible – rum-soaked dates, rum ice cream and candied pecans.
3. Easy Homemade French Fries – I’ve always wanted to try my hand at homemade French fries, but have also always shied away from frying. I am now totally sold on it – these are outstanding, and way better than any restaurant or frozen version.
4. Homemade Peanut Butter Cups – Possibly the best thing to come out of my kitchen this summer. No more Reese’s for me – these babies have my heart.
5. Jalapeño Popper Dip – The end of summer also means ushering in the start of the football season, and nothing says game day quite like jalapeño poppers. Enjoy this dip at any of your summer gatherings, or throughout the fall and winter sports seasons!
6. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – One of my oldest and most favorite recipes finally made its way onto the site, at long last. Most deservedly so, as these are phenomenal. I keep extras in the freezer to snack on when the urge hits 🙂
7. Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie Bars – O.M.G. These literally left me speechless. And with absolutely no willpower. They are magical.
8. Pepperoni Pizza – My absolute favorite pizza, and homemade is always the best. Plus, a tip on how to prevent that river of grease on top of the cheese from the pepperoni.
9. Portobello Pesto Pizza – Mmmm, my favorite new pizza! Fashioned after a pizza from a local restaurant, this is probably now my second-favorite recipe (behind pepperoni, of course!).
10. Sweet and Salty Brownies – These are pretty much the ultimate brownie – rich, fudgy brownies with a layer of salted caramel baked into the middle, and fleur de sel sprinkled on top. They are heaven.
Of all the new recipes you made this summer, which one is your favorite??