About four years ago, I rounded up my ten favorite recipes in each category that I have here on the site. Needless to say, I’ve made a lot more recipes in the last few years! Over the next few months, I’ll be updating each list with my new favorites and sharing it with you, starting today with…
Muffins! Unless they’re made of really healthy ingredients, they are pretty much the equivalent of dessert for breakfast, right? This, incidentally, is 100 percent A-OK in my world. It seems everyone leans toward one favorite or another – blueberry, banana, lemon, etc. As for me, I’ll always choose a wonderful banana or blueberry muffin above anything else, but chocolate definitely runs a close second. The muffins that made this list span a wide variety of flavors and textures, so breakfast never needs to be boring again!
Without further ado (and in alphabetical order)…
1. Allspice Crumb Muffins – A spiced-up muffin with a delicious crumb topping. I love crumb toppings on everything!
2. Banana Muffins – These have been a favorite of mine for over 10 years. It’s one of the first recipes I started baking over and over again. They’re sweet and delicious – breakfast or dessert!
3. Blueberry Muffins – Quite possibly my all-time favorite muffin recipe. These are moist, substantial, full of juicy blueberries, and more amazing than I can describe.
4. Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins – Chocolate for breakfast! Can’t say no to that!
5. Honey Muffins – These remind me of the fabulous honey muffins that get thrown into the bread basket at one of my favorite restaurants. I love them slathered with sweetened butter.
6. Morning Glory Muffins – These are basically like eating carrot cake for breakfast, minus the cream cheese frosting. Amazing!
7. Oatmeal Muffins with Dates, Cranberries & Pecans – These are perfect muffins to serve to house guests over the holidays – warm, spiced and full of wonderful flavors.
8. Orange Berry Muffins – Citrus and berries go so well together, and these muffins are no exception. The orange and blueberry flavors complement each other beautifully.
9. Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins with Pecan Streusel – Maybe my 2nd favorite muffin of all-time – a pumpkin muffin stuffed with cream cheese filling, and topped with an insane pecan streusel. Love!
10. Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins – These taste just like pumpkin doughnuts, complete with the dusting of sugar, but without the frying!
What are your favorite muffin recipes??