One thing that many people enjoy during the summer is going out to orchards or local farms and picking fresh fruit – berries and rhubarb in the summer, and then lots of apples as the weather starts to cool and summer turns to fall. And what better way to use up all that wonderful fruit than sandwiched between lucious, buttery, flaky pie crust?! I rounded up all of my favorite pies to date, and while most of them are fruit pies, there are a few others in there, including some Thanksgiving classics and others that I think you’ll want to add to your favorite recipe stash. I hope you enjoy browsing, and feel free to share any of your favorites, and requests for recipes you’d like to see show up here on the site!
1. Blueberry Pie – Nothing says summer quite like a fresh blueberry pie! Blueberries are by far my favorite fruit, and this is the best way I can think of to enjoy them!
2. Chocolate Bourbon Walnut Pie – A traditional Derby Pie dessert, a classic pecan pie is given some twists – walnuts instead of pecans, and the additional of bourbon and chocolate chips. It’s delicious!
3. Dutch Apple Pie – I love apple pie, but that amazing crumble topping on Dutch apple pies certainly steal my heart. I love how much filling is piled into this pie!
4. Fresh Strawberry Pie – A recreation of a childhood favorite from a local restaurant, this homemade version is a thousand times better. I think you’ll agree if you’re from the Pittsburgh area
5. Frozen Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pie – This is a new-found love, but you truly can’t go wrong in my world if you combine chocolate and peanut butter. This is a great picnic dessert!
6. Peach Pie – One of my mom’s favorite desserts, this is a great classic recipe to save in your stash.
7. Pecan Pie – A Thanksgiving staple and one of my all-time favorite pies, I just love a slice of chunky, ooey pecan pie.
8. Pumpkin Pie – Another Thanksgiving staple, this pie is made in a very unconventional manner, but it results in the most delicious of traditional pumpkin pies I have ever had!
9. Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie – This is another relatively new love for me, but the combination of the sweet strawberries and the tart rhubarb is an absolutely perfect balance. A great pie to make after a trip to the orchard.
10. Strawberry Tart – I love how easy this tart is, it’s perfect for whipping up when you have last-minute dinner guests.
What are your favorite types of pies? What varieties would you like to see here on the site that aren’t posted yet?