My Favorite Christmas Commercials

December 10, 2010 | 7 Comments | Email | Print

It’s no secret I love the holidays. And sometimes I love the commercials just as much as some of the programming on TV. But for me, my top 3 favorite commercials date back to the 80′s.

This first one is iconic in Pittsburgh. For those of you not from the area, this is done by a local restaurant chain and has been on for as long as I can remember (so at least the early 80′s!) and they still run it now. For me, it’s not quite Christmastime until I’ve seen this commercial :)

Next is the Folders’ “Peter!” commercial. Kind of corny watching it now, but it always gave me the warm fuzzies.

And lastly, I looooove the Coca Cola polar bears. They have made a ton of different commercials, but I *think* this one is the original. I think polar bears are so cute :)

What are some of your favorite holiday commercials?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Warning: file_get_contents(http://api.bit.ly/shorten?version=2.0.1&longUrl=http://www.browneyedbaker.com/unplugged/2010/12/10/my-favorite-christmas-commercials/&login=browneyedbaker&apiKey=R_c26f44861d3f74834c322eb7f2020ff0) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/browney1/public_html/unplugged/wp-content/themes/thesis_18/custom/custom_functions.php on line 164

7 Responses to My Favorite Christmas Commercials

Bree @ beeskneeslife December 10, 2010 at 11:18 am

Wow – these are awesome! When I was little I had a VHS tape with all the Christmas specials we taped off the tv and I watched it over and over again commercials and all.

Paula December 11, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I’ve enjoy very much seeing this commercials. It’s interesting to see that, in countrys which are so far between them, there are customs that are the same ;) Especially in the case of Coca-Cola spots :)

About my favourite commercials (although I know you won’t recognize them), the best for me are those of Coca Cola, Freixenet (is a champagne, and every year does and especial commercial) and of some brands of “turrĂ³n”. I don’t know how you name it (or if you name it), but it’s a typical spaniard christmas sweet (nougat candy can be the word?).

Allison December 12, 2010 at 10:20 pm

They remade the Folgers one recently–http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQk_pWmisA

My favorite is a Publix commercial. Tears in my eyes everytime. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgymlJ4mbgg

Allison December 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Actually…watch ANY of those Publix commercials. They know how to do it right.

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish December 18, 2010 at 11:02 pm

I saw the remake of the Folger’s one today, and it made me tear up. Just like when I was a kid. I always wanted a big brother, and imagined he’d be just like Peter in that commercial!

Holly December 23, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Good Commercials – I don’t live in your area so I never saw the 1st one but one of my favoriate holiday commercials is when the Hershey’s Kisses do Carol of the Bells!

andrea January 12, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I love the Eat and Park tree commercial!! Its so simple but so sweet.