3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini, drained and water squeezed out
One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two 9x5-inch loaf pans; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract until thick and combined (I used a hand mixer on medium speed, you could also use a whisk with a lot of elbow grease). Add the flour mixture and mix on low (or with a wooden spoon) until combined - the batter will be very thick. Using a spoon, gently stir in the zucchini and pineapple until evenly distributed. Lastly, stir in the chopped dates and walnuts.
4. Divide the batter between the two loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour, or until the tops are golden brown and a thin knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (If you see the loaves are browning too much, cover with foil.)
5. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto cooling racks to finish cooling completely.