Decadent cheesecake bars that are easy to make
For the Crust:
- 2½cupschocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2tablespoonsgranulated sugar
- ½cupunsalted butter(melted)
For the Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
- 16ouncescream cheese
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- 3tablespoonsall-purpose flour
- ½cupwhole milk
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 6ouncesmilk or semisweet chocolate(finely chopped)
- 1½teaspoonsvegetable shortening(can substitute coconut oil)
- Make the Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add the melted butter and toss together with a fork until the crumbs are all evenly moistened. Press the crumbs into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack and cool.
- Make the Cheesecake Layer: Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter and flour on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Slowly pour in the milk and then the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the cheesecake layer is set around the edges and still appears slightly soft when the pan is wiggled. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Make the Chocolate Glaze: Combine the chopped chocolate and vegetable shortening in a small bowl and microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until completely melted. Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the cheesecake layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then cut into squares and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.