1. Isabelle got her first picture next to our growth chart! She still hasn’t taken any steps yet, but boy does she get around quickly! She has such a sweet and hilarious personality, and it’s been so much fun watching her grow into her own little person and play with her brothers more.
2. Our next door neighbors have two girls that are the exact same age as Joseph and Dominic; last summer every time they were all outside they would play together. A couple of weeks ago was the first time they had seen each other since winter broke, and now the boys look for them every time they’re outside playing. The other day they had a little conversation through the trees lol! A few hours later, Dominic pushed a box to the window that looks out onto our driveway and was knocking, calling for them… melted my heart :)
3. Has anyone tried the Honest Gently Nourishing line that’s supposedly super moisturizing? Joseph has pretty dry skin and eczema flare-ups every so often; Dominic’s isn’t as bad, but he gets dry spots sometimes, too. Right now I use Dove moisturizing wash and Aveeno eczema cream on them. Wondering if the new Honest line would work any better?
4. Oh my, this sweet pup! >> Dog Saved By Workers on Oil Rig, 135 Miles Off Thai Coast
5. And speaking of dogs, this video of a mama dog getting her pups to settle down is amazing!
6. A big shout out to King Arthur Flour – I got an order of some stuff yesterday and noticed that on the back of the packages, in the allergy cross contamination statements, they list the ACTUAL tree nuts that could possibly be included. This is HUGE for an allergy mom! Joseph is not allergic to all tree nuts, but just about all packaging has a blanket “peanuts and/or tree nuts” statement, which means it’s an automatic no. Having a list of the actual nuts is so helpful because the ones that were included he is actually NOT allergic to, which means we don’t have to avoid that particular product. The only other company I’ve seen do it this granularly is Sam’s Club with their bakery items. I hope other companies begin to follow suit.
7. Did you watch Game of Thrones on Sunday night? We didn’t see it until Monday (you’ll be SHOCKED to hear that our power went out Sunday night during a five-minute heavy downpour *insert eye roll emoji*), but I felt kind of meh about it? I don’t know, it’s been so long since it was last on and it’s so hard for me to keep track of all the story lines, that I think I was a little lost? Did I totally miss something?
8. What are you doing to celebrate the holiday weekend? Any big baking or cooking plans over the next few days? We are headed to my mom’s for Easter dinner, and I’m in charge of desserts. I’m making my pavlova layer cake (my sister’s request since we’re also celebrating her birthday), as well as strawberry pretzel salad (classic!).
9. TGIF! Wishing you a wonderful holiday weekend!