My 2015 Foodie Resolutions
I’ve never been one to make grandiose New Year’s resolutions, to proclaim that I’m going to overhaul every area of my life, lickity split. However, I have found that setting yearly goals for myself gives me a sense of direction and helps me to accomplish all the random “I want to’s” floating around my head. While I haven’t done that yet, I have thought about the food-related things I’d like to accomplish in 2015 (of course). My list is short and sweet this year, as I know with a newborn/infant, time can be precious and I honestly have no idea how things will or won’t change, but there are a few projects I would like to tackle!
Below is my list of food-related goals for 2015; I’d love to hear about yours!
2015 Foodie Resolutions:
1. Master sourdough bread. I feel like this has been a resolution of mine for years on end, but I’m really determined to do it! I had a couple of epic fails this year and one almost-success. I’m hoping that 2015 is finally the year that I make my peace with sourdough starter!
2. Purge my cookbooks. I have a lot of cookbooks. A LOT. Many of them are caked in flour and chocolate and I turn to again and again. Some, I haven’t even gotten around to opening and others are just not my style. They take up a lot of room on my bookshelves, so I’d like to go through all of them, donate the ones I know I won’t use, and then make a plan for tackling the recipes in my “keepers”.
3. Keep my freezer stocked. Not necessarily with full meals, but with things that will make feeding ourselves (with an infant!) a little bit easier. I’m thinking of things like muffins, bagels, cookie dough, homemade tortilla wraps for sandwiches, pizza dough, etc. Every little bit helps!
4. Learn about starting a baby on solids. While this won’t be relevant until the middle of the year, I hope to have a toddler (and child) that isn’t as picky as his mother (ahem). So, learning about strategies to start on a good eating path early will be at the top of my list.
5. Rediscover my kitchen passions. When your hobby and passion becomes your work, sometimes it feels exactly like that… work. This year, I want to get back to enjoying my time in the kitchen by tackling projects and recipes that I’m passionate about.
What are some food-related things on your to-do list for this year?
Please share them below!