My 2016 Foodie Resolutions
I’ve never been a big New Year’s resolution person; however, I have found that setting yearly goals for myself gives me a sense of direction and helps me to accomplish all the random “I want to’s” floating around my head. While I’m still working on my big list for 2016 (I guess I’m now behind?), I have thought about the food-related things I’d like to accomplish this year and wanted to share them with you.
Below is my list of food-related goals for 2016; I’d love to hear about yours!
2016 Foodie Resolutions:
1. Master sourdough bread. Seriously, AGAIN. I didn’t do anything to further this goal last year and it’s at the top of my list for this year, so keep an eye out for some sourdough posts!
2. Streamline my kitchen. I have a lot of kitchen equipment, specialty pans and obscure tools. While I did a slight bit of purging when we moved, I feel like it’s a project I need to tackle this year. I’m pretty sure I’ll never use five 9×13 pans at once, so I’m going to try whittling down my kitchen collection.
3. Find a farm/butcher. I would like to sign up for a CSA in the summer and find a local farm or butcher to get local, grass-fed beef and hormone-free poultry. I buy these at the grocery store now, but I’d love to find a local source!
4. Meal plan! My eating tends to spiral out of control when I don’t have a plan for meals throughout the week. I know, elementary, but I’ve never been good at this. I want to get into the habit of sitting down once a week and making a menu before I go grocery shopping.
5. Rock the grill. My husband does all of the grilling, which is awesome, but I don’t even know how to operate the grill! I want to learn how to do it on my own and then maybe grilled pizzas?!
What are some food-related things on your to-do list for this year?
Please share them below!