This easy, cheesy hashbrown casserole takes only minutes to throw together, and is a favorite side dish for holiday dinners from Easter to Christmas and casual weeknight dinners alike. Total comfort food!
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 45 minutes
Total 55 minutes
Servings 8 to 10 servings
Calories 357 kcal
unsalted butter, melted
can cream of chicken soup
finely chopped yellow onion
about 1 small onion
shredded (about 2 cups)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
Pour into prepared baking dish and bake until golden brown and bubbling, 30 to 45 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Want to make this hashbrown casserole without the condensed soup? Check out the recipe from The Chunky Chef.
- This casserole would lend itself to tons of modifications based on personal preferences - add bell peppers, ham, sausage, bacon, broccoli... so many options!
- Looking for a crockpot hashbrown casserole? I have one! The Slow Cooker Sausage, Hash Brown & Cheddar Breakfast Casserole is a huge favorite, especially for holiday mornings!
- You can freeze the hashbrown casserole, either before baking it or after it has been baked and cooled. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before baking or reheating in the oven.
Nutritional values are based on one serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 16g100%
Vitamin A 910IU18%
Vitamin C 8.4mg10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.