1. These two boys have been extra snuggly lately and I just want to eat them up. Granted, it’s more of Duke snuggling next to Einstein and Einstein tolerating it, but at any rate, it’s adorable and I love it :)
2. I’m currently 28 weeks (+4 days) and counting… Hellooooo third trimester!
It’s hard to believe that my due date is less than three months away; I can’t wait to meet this little guy! :)
3. I think I mentioned it the last time I went to the dentist, but my husband and I have had an ongoing competition to see who could go the longest without getting a cavity, as neither of us had ever gotten one (we chalk it up to the crazy coincidence that we both went to the same dentist as kids!). I’m super sad to report that my 34-year cavity-free streak has come to a halt. I may have whined and begged my dentist not to tell my husband (who was in the waiting room). She said it’s super teeny tiny and that pregnancy hormones often wreck havoc on the mouth, causing gingivitis (which I didn’t have) and tooth decay that hadn’t been present before. I was still totally disappointed in my teeth, but I honored our bet and bought my husband lunch at Noodles after our appointment.
4. I’ve been trying to get organized for the holidays in advance this year since I’ll probably be in total baby mode come December; I’ve already ordered holiday-themed stamps and return address labels, now I just need to pick out Christmas cards! I also have thank you cards and stamps ready to go for after the baby shower. I’m ready to bask in the glow of Christmas lights and sip on some hot chocolate.
5. This Buzzfeed post of 22 Surefire Ways To Annoy Your Type-A Friends was totally spot-on… I got antsy just reading it!
6. If you’ve been following BEB for any length of time, you’ve probably figured out that I’m from Pittsburgh, and I’ve mentioned Primanti Brothers sandwiches on more than one occasion. They’re a cult classic here – piled high with meat, provolone, tomatoes and… coleslaw and French fries. I know, most people think it sounds crazy until they try it. Now, Primanti Bros. is shipping party packs, complete with everything you need to make a handful of their sandwiches. If you’re a Pittsburgh transplant in another city, this is seriously a dream come true! I would have killed for this when I was living away from home for a couple of years.
7. Are you playing fantasy football this year? My team is in dire straits… I’m 3-4 and things don’t look to be improving any time soon. Such a bummer!
8. I can’t believe that the series finale of Boardwalk Empire is this Sunday! I’m anxious to see how they’re going to end everything. The only other series I’ve been watching has been Scandal, although I still need to watch last night’s episode. I’m still hooked! I just saw that The Americans will be back on in January, and I’m looking forward to it; I’ve always thought it was an underrated show. What have you been watching lately?
9. Thoughts and prayers are with Ottawa this week, and the Canadian community in general. The anthem before the Penguins hockey game on Wednesday night gave me chills:
10. TGIF! Duke wishes you a cozy weekend!
Third trimester is the BEST! Congrats on that. The Buzzfeed list made me so nervous! Ak! Especially the messy desktop and rearranging the home screen. My kids do that to my phone all the time and it just drives me batty! Love your Friday Things… give those sweet pups a nice kiss for me. I remember my Golden’s reaction when we brought our oldest daughter home from the hospital. His expression when she squeaked for the first time was precious. I wish I had it on video. Happy weekend!
Blame that cavity on the kid!!! You can hang this over him for his WHOLE LIFE! My first cavity came when I was preggo too!! You can blame him but tell him he was well worth the cavity!! : )
Thank you for for thinking of us here in Canada. It has been a difficult week. The Anthem at the Penguins game went viral up here. We are grateful for all of the support from our American neighbours. I love your blog.
Thank you for the comments about the death of the young soldier in Ottawa. As a proud Canadian-Australian living in Oz, it was shocking to hear what happened. The kindness of others helps in these times.
Thank you for your kind thoughts. It was a very sad day. I work very close to the Parliament and spent the day in lockdown on Tuesday. Today Cpl. Cirillo was taken home to his mother and his young son on the highway of heros. There was a ceremony today where he died and two soldiers took their posts.
Michelle, thanks for remembering us Canadian in your thoughts & prayers this past week. Yes, it truly was such a nice show of support to hear that our anthem was played at the Penguins game.
Just want to shout out congrats! and also let you know I read that lack of minerals causes cavities, so load up b/c you got a little guy sucking up some nutrients in your body….do some research and you will see. meanwhile congrats in your baby and the long cavity streak free time ;-)
My boyfriend claims he has never had a cavity in his 27 years and teased when when I had to have fillings re-done (had two done when I was 9). I keep telling him to go see the dentist for a cleaning and he refuses stating he has perfect teeth. Recently, he’s been complaining that all of his teeth are hurting. We have the same type of bet going on haha.
Hahahaha! Just finished reading the Buzzfeed post. I am totally type A. That stuff drives me up the wall ;)
Congrats on your last trimester! What a perfect time of year to be having a baby :) Aren’t goldens the best, btw? We have a 1-year-old, and I’m thinking he needs a little brother…if only I could convince my husband ;)
I have to tell you, just reading the list in item number 5, made me start to shake. I’m a capital type A. So did your story about your cavity. Sorry to hear about it. I’ve lost most of my teeth because of Sjogren’s Syndrome. What I’d give to have had just one cavity. I could have bought a new car for what I’ve had to spend on my teeth – and I’m not exaggerting either. My dentist is a happy man.
I wished it was Friday pretty much all week this week so I could see Duke and Einstein (OK, not ALL week, but pretty much every time I surfed the web while tired :) ).
Very funny and probably true about how Duke is cuddling and Einstein is like “OK, I’ll tolerate this” :D.
Could you please share where you ordered your return address labels? I’m in holiday mode, too.
I ordered the return address labels from Shutterfly :)
Thank you! I didn’t know Shutterfly did address labels, cool. :)
Yup I went 25 years without a cavity & got my first the next dental appt after having my first kid:( My husband kept his streak (boooo!) I’m currently pregnant with my 3rd 29 weeks 7 days, congrats on your baby.
The 22 things to annoy your Type A Friends? Hilarious! I got antsy just reading it! lol!
Those doggies are soooo cute! Too bad about the cavity, that just stinks :-(
Your Friday Things posts are one of my most favorite blog posts of the entire week!
1. Your boys continue to be just the cutest things ever. Any chance we’ll see them incognito next week for Halloween??
2. Yay on the third trimester! I think it will fly by especially since it’s the holidays
3. As someone who has far too many tooth issues, I’m a bit jealous of your no cavity streak!
4. I’m not in baby mode, but I am trying to get organized for Christmas too. I have a stock of Christmas cards leftover from years past. I think I should pull them out and start addressing them NOW. Maybe by doing that I will actually get them MAILED this year! :)
8. I’m hoping to watch last night’s Scandal tonight. Trying to keep up on it this season!
I have four more weeks until our baby arrives…the third trimester flies so quickly!!! And don’t worry about that cavity especially if you got sick in your first tri-mester that what it is caused by!
Just ordered my Primanti sandwiches…… Wha who! Love Atlanta, but I need my home town fix!!
Thank you so much for thinking of your friends and fans in Canada. As a proud Canadian, I got goosebumps when the Penguins paid tribute to our fallen hero in Ottawa, and played our national anthem at Wednesday night’s game.
I am not happy with the last few episodes of Boardwalk Empire. The story lines are too rushed in their effort to wrap everything up and it just feels incomplete.
You are super duper organised lady!
Interesting about the cavity, in the UK pregnant women receive completely free dental care due to the issues that can happen when you’re pregnant.
I feel your “pain” about the cavity. I went SEVERAL years w/o a cavity until I had my kids. My kids are 2 years apart & by the time I had baby #2, I had to have 8 cavities filled…YIKES!!!! And NO it was not neglegince on my dentist’s part…it had to do w/ the way my pregnancies landed during the year & when I was due for x-rays, not to mention the pregnancy hormones!!! So by the time I could finally get x-rays, there was a total of 8 cavities. I am by NO means saying this will happen to YOU, just wanted you to know that hormones DEF wreck havoc on your teeth.
The “22 Surefire Ways…” list is hilarious, as are the readers’ reactions from the Comments that follow!
I am in full on baby and Christmas mode too. I hope it doesn’t go away before December.
Thanks for posting this. I’m Canadian and was very appreciative of the Penguins organization Wednesday evening. Good can come out of tragedy.
I am faithful in following you everyday, but the Friday blog is the best. Love to see your furry babies every week. It is going to be so adorable to see Duke and Einstein snuggle with the baby. I haven’t tried it yet, but can’t wait to try your slow cooker rib recipe. Have a great weekend, and yes, a class act by Pittsburg Penguins.
I love your blog! I found you through Pinterest…gorgeous dogs! I will be popping in faithfully! :)
Thank you kindly for thinking of your Canadian friends. It is so very, very sad and tragic that Corporal Nathan Cirillo lost his life while standing guard at the War Memorial in our nation’s capital. A class act by the Pittsburgh Penguins as they played our national anthem.