1. These two boys have been extra snuggly lately and I just want to eat them up. Granted, it’s more of Duke snuggling next to Einstein and Einstein tolerating it, but at any rate, it’s adorable and I love it :)
2. I’m currently 28 weeks (+4 days) and counting… Hellooooo third trimester!
It’s hard to believe that my due date is less than three months away; I can’t wait to meet this little guy! :)
3. I think I mentioned it the last time I went to the dentist, but my husband and I have had an ongoing competition to see who could go the longest without getting a cavity, as neither of us had ever gotten one (we chalk it up to the crazy coincidence that we both went to the same dentist as kids!). I’m super sad to report that my 34-year cavity-free streak has come to a halt. I may have whined and begged my dentist not to tell my husband (who was in the waiting room). She said it’s super teeny tiny and that pregnancy hormones often wreck havoc on the mouth, causing gingivitis (which I didn’t have) and tooth decay that hadn’t been present before. I was still totally disappointed in my teeth, but I honored our bet and bought my husband lunch at Noodles after our appointment.
4. I’ve been trying to get organized for the holidays in advance this year since I’ll probably be in total baby mode come December; I’ve already ordered holiday-themed stamps and return address labels, now I just need to pick out Christmas cards! I also have thank you cards and stamps ready to go for after the baby shower. I’m ready to bask in the glow of Christmas lights and sip on some hot chocolate.
5. This Buzzfeed post of 22 Surefire Ways To Annoy Your Type-A Friends was totally spot-on… I got antsy just reading it!
6. If you’ve been following BEB for any length of time, you’ve probably figured out that I’m from Pittsburgh, and I’ve mentioned Primanti Brothers sandwiches on more than one occasion. They’re a cult classic here – piled high with meat, provolone, tomatoes and… coleslaw and French fries. I know, most people think it sounds crazy until they try it. Now, Primanti Bros. is shipping party packs, complete with everything you need to make a handful of their sandwiches. If you’re a Pittsburgh transplant in another city, this is seriously a dream come true! I would have killed for this when I was living away from home for a couple of years.
7. Are you playing fantasy football this year? My team is in dire straits… I’m 3-4 and things don’t look to be improving any time soon. Such a bummer!
8. I can’t believe that the series finale of Boardwalk Empire is this Sunday! I’m anxious to see how they’re going to end everything. The only other series I’ve been watching has been Scandal, although I still need to watch last night’s episode. I’m still hooked! I just saw that The Americans will be back on in January, and I’m looking forward to it; I’ve always thought it was an underrated show. What have you been watching lately?
9. Thoughts and prayers are with Ottawa this week, and the Canadian community in general. The anthem before the Penguins hockey game on Wednesday night gave me chills:
10. TGIF! Duke wishes you a cozy weekend!