1. A beautiful spring day called for a nice long lunchtime walk in the park with my favorite furry buddy this week. We both enjoyed getting some much-needed sun and fresh air!
2. I have really been craving Mexican food this week. It’s a good thing Cinco de Mayo is next weekend; I’ll have a great excuse to make some salsa, enchiladas and other delicious goodies. What are some of your Mexican favorites?
3. I probably haven’t eaten more than 10 Klondikes since I was in elementary school, but Caramel Pretzel Klondikes are the real deal. A homemade version is definitely on the horizon.
4. Did you hear that Rosie from Sweetapolita has a cookbook coming out? I can’t wait to see her beautiful cake creations in print!
5. I really love this Audrey Hepburn quote, especially in light of recent current events:
6. It’s no secret that I don’t eat as many fruits and vegetables as I should, but this seasonality chart showing when individual fruits and vegetables are in season may give me the nudge I need to do a better job of getting my daily intake.
7. I’m currently lusting over nearly everything from BakeItPretty.com. Their products make me want to throw the prettiest, most color-coordinated party ever.
8. Next week is May, which means I’m getting my ice cream maker ready for going into overdrive! I got it warmed up with the Malted Vanilla, Peanut Brittle & Chocolate Chunk ice cream I made a few weeks ago. I’m more than ready for some fresh-churned ice cream! What are your favorite summer flavors?
9. Impending warm weather also means time to get back into outside workout mode! I need some new music for my workout playlist… throw me your recommendations!
10. TGIF! Hope you get to enjoy some time outside this weekend!
Hey Michelle! Thanks for your great tips, tricks, and links this week. I’ve never previously been into blogs, but you are converting me into a devoted follower!! I’m loving http://www.bakeitpretty.com and can’t wait for the next occassion…even if I have to create one myself hah! For work-out songs, I think you can never go wrong with some upbeat-80’s. I have “Don’t Bring Me Down” Electric Light Orchestra near the top of my playlist. For something more recent, I like “All These Things I’ve Done” by the Killers, and “Beauty and a Beat” by Justin Beiber and Nikki Minaj. It always get me in the mood to work-out! :-) Enjoy!
Might I suggest a Mexican restaurant that my husband and I stumbled upon this past winter. It’s called Azul Bar y Cantina in Leetsdale (Sewickley area). My son was singing in the neighborhood there. The tableside guac was delish! It’s not much to look at outside but the interior is very authentic. We can’t wait to go back.
Hi Michele, Thanks so much for the tip, I’ll have to check it out!
I really like like that quote as well Michelle. What a lovely way to look at a garden! I love all things spicy so mexican is up there for me – nachos possibly a fav but do enjoy a mexican pizza every now and then too. As for playlist, I think I might go with Cin on this one – ABBA, aside from enjoying their music, it is good to workout to too. Thanks for a lovely post.
These are nothing new, but some of my favourite music right now to run to are Florence & the Machine (Ceremonials), Serena Ryder (especially Stompa), and the Jezabels, though those are better for distance runs rather than intervals or anything. For more upbeat stuff I have to admit that I love Macklemore and Kanye West, as well as Austra, the Arcade Fire, and remixes like this: https://soundcloud.com/reichundbleich/lana-del-rey-summertime. And probably my all-time favourite workout song is Pinball Wizard by the Who. I’d love to hear what you work out to, you can never have too much workout music! :)
Hi Michelle – I am your latest follower.
Please post some more picture of this beautiful dog – I just want to pat him.
Playlist: ABBA is the greatest workout music. Doesn’t matter how old/young you are, ABBA’s Greatest Hits is the best for exercise. =)
Thank you so much, Michelle! That was really sweet of you! xo
We had Snickerdoodle ice cream this last week, that was yummy! Cinnamon ice cream with chunks of cookie dough in it. Love the happy pup pictures.
Thanks for the link to the seasonal fruits and veggies guide…that will be very helpful when in the produce section!
Have mentioned that I LOVE Einstein ?? Soo much!
Mexican food is a favorite, I’m big on everything from dips to salsa to tacos to soups.
Also, adorable pup!
Awww, such a happy pup! Can’t wait to nosh on nachos and sip margaritas on Sunday. Have a great weekend!
For the playlist: Locked out of Heaven by Bruno Mars is awesome. I also like Remix (I Like The) by New Kids on the Block and Cruise – Remix with Florida Georgia Line and Nelly.
Aww your puppy is so cute. I am glad you reminded me of Cinco De Mayo. Need to start panning a menu for that since my son now loves tacos and guacamole :)
Einstein looks so happy out in the sun! I’m hankering for some mango salsa, guacamole, crispy tacos, and margaritas in a big way. I need to get an ice cream maker some time soon, can’t wait. That malted ice cream with peanut brittle sounds out of this world! Farmer’s markets always get me excited about produce. Everything’s so fresh and delicious!
I am looking forward to see what ice cream recipes you will post this season :) i would love to make a delicious coconut ice cream but can’t find a good recipe online.
Like you I have been on a major Mexican kick! Give me avocados and peppers and I am in heaven!! Needless to say, I’ll probably be cooking Mexican all wekend and I can’t wait!!! Speaking of can’t wait, I can’t wait to see what ice cream recipes you post this year! Yum!
Have a wonderful weekend!
What type of ice cream maker do you have? I am thinking about getting the attachment for my KitchenAid mixer… I can’t wait to see your recipe for homemade Klondike bars – sounds de-lish!
Hi Aimee, I have the KitchenAid ice cream attachment; been using it for over 4 years. It’s been good to me! :)
Also, I did make plain homemade Klondike bars last summer if you’re interested :) https://www.browneyedbaker.com/2012/07/20/diy-homemade-klondike-bars/
The weather is fabulous in NJ too! It’s so perfect…I’m totally loving it! It’s definitely great to be able to start running, hiking, biking, etc.
I am with you on craving Mexican! Luckily my nephew was born 5/5/12 and they are throwing a Cinco de Mayo bday party next Sunday! I am not sure what type of music you like, but I really enjoy listening to the Pandora workout channels when I am out running.
Love that seasonality chart. Can’t believe next week is already May!
Thanks for sharing sunny pictures of green grass. The ground here is still snow covered and there’s 2 1/2 feet of ice on the lakes! It is supposed to be sunny which will make everthing okay! :-)
Ooh, I’d forgotten about cinco…I’m thinking nachos and margaritas are a must!
I recommend my current workout playlist, which includes Foo Fighters, Walk Off the Earth, and the Pitch Perfect soundtrack.:)
Thanks for such an awesome blog…BEB is definitely my favorite!
As a lifelong die-hard NKOTB fan, may I suggest NKOTB’s latest album “10”? :)
The weather look so nice! I am jealous!
Can not wait to try those klondike bars! Whoa!