No-Bake Oreo Layer Dessert
This past Saturday, we celebrated my grandpap’s 87th birthday. You may remember me mentioning in years past that he’s always had a serious thing for Oreos. As a result, I try to whip up a new and different Oreo dessert each year for his birthday. In previous years, I’ve made a cookies and cream cake and cookies and cream ice cream cake (I also made black forest cake one year because he loves chocolate-covered cherries, as well!). This year, I needed the dessert to be relatively quick and low maintenance… when I found this no-bake layered dessert with an Oreo crumb crust and layers of cream cheese and chocolate pudding, I knew it would be perfect.
The dessert was an enormous hit with the whole family, especially my grandfather. Quick and easy no-bake desserts like this are an absolute staple for me during the summer months. Sometimes you just can’t bear to turn on an oven or spend hours making a mess of the kitchen; times like those call for desserts like this!
Do any of your grandparents have favorite cookie cravings?
Oreo, Cream Cheese and Pudding Dessert
An easy no-bake dessert with layers of Oreo crust, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, Cool Whip and more crushed Oreos.
For the Crust:
- 1 (15.35-ounce) package Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
- ½ cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip
For the Pudding Layer:
- 1 (5.1-ounce) box instant chocolate pudding
- 3½ cups milk
For the Topping:
- 1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip
- Make the Crust: Place the Oreo cookies in a large ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. The pieces should be in small crumbs, but still a little chunky, not completely fine crumbs. Set aside ½ cup of the crumbs for the topping, then transfer the remaining crumbs to a 9×13-inch pan and use a fork to mash them up a bit. Pour the melted butter over top and use the fork to combine, making sure that all of the crumbs are moistened. Press into an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate while the cream cheese layer is prepared.
- Make the Cream Cheese Layer: In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium-low and gradually add the powdered sugar until it is all incorporated. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 30 seconds. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the Cool Whip. Spread in an even layer over the crust. Refrigerate while the pudding layer is prepared.
- Make the Pudding Layer: In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow it to set. Use an offset spatula to spread the pudding in an even layer over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the remaining 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with the reserved Oreo crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.