1. Yesterday was Dominic’s 2nd birthday!! This boy LOVES to laugh, is happy-go-lucky, hugs with his entire body, and uses a sly smile as his get-out-of-jail-free card. He’s the one that taught me how the heart can grow exponentially to make room for so much more love. It feels like he has been a part of our family since the beginning; he thinks his big brother is the best thing in the whole world, and he absolutely adores his little sister. I can’t wait to see his personality continue to reveal itself and shine. We’re having his party tomorrow, but he got some new cars and trucks (and pancakes for breakfast!) yesterday :)
2. When I picked Joseph up from school on Wednesday, his teacher pulled me aside and told me what an absolute joy Joseph is in class, that he has a smile on his face from the moment he gets there, and is always enthusiastic about whatever they are doing. Last week one of the therapists that sits in to observe class for one of the other students stopped me on our way in and told me what a wonderfully sweet and kind boy he is and how much she adores him… not to totally mom brag, but it just feels so good to hear those things and know that he is treating people nicely when we are not around :)
(And he unearthed an old rotary phone at my in-laws last weekend, ha!)
3. And sweet Isabelle is going to be six months old tomorrow! How is that even possible?! She’s starting to taste a few foods and is sitting up all on her own! A whole new world!
4. How insanely gorgeous is this KitchenAid Limited Edition Heritage Mixer with Hobnail Bowl? Soooo tempting especially since Williams Sonoma currently has 20% off entire order!
5. Has anyone gotten one of the new iPhones? Thinking about the XS Max, but wondering if it’s just crazy insane big?
6. Your fall football watching needs these ah-mazing oven-baked wings! >> Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
7. I loved Chrissy Teigen’s first cookbook, so I was interested when I saw she had a whole collection at Target. I adore the stoneware pieces!
8. I’m starting to think about Christmas (!!) and am wondering if you have any personalized stockings that you love? Share in the comments below!
9. For the last four and a half years, I feel like I’ve either been pregnant or taking care of an infant, and basically just surviving day-to-day and month-to-month. Things are starting to feel a bit settled here (even though the best description of our house is basically constant chaos), so I’m excited to already be planning out ideas and goals for 2019. I’m pumped to hit the ground running!
10. TGIF! Dominic’s wasn’t the only birthday this week; Judith turned 2 on Wednesday! How crazy that she and Dominic were born only one day apart! She got some special treats and lots of love :)