1. Yesterday was Dominic’s 2nd birthday!! This boy LOVES to laugh, is happy-go-lucky, hugs with his entire body, and uses a sly smile as his get-out-of-jail-free card. He’s the one that taught me how the heart can grow exponentially to make room for so much more love. It feels like he has been a part of our family since the beginning; he thinks his big brother is the best thing in the whole world, and he absolutely adores his little sister. I can’t wait to see his personality continue to reveal itself and shine. We’re having his party tomorrow, but he got some new cars and trucks (and pancakes for breakfast!) yesterday :)
2. When I picked Joseph up from school on Wednesday, his teacher pulled me aside and told me what an absolute joy Joseph is in class, that he has a smile on his face from the moment he gets there, and is always enthusiastic about whatever they are doing. Last week one of the therapists that sits in to observe class for one of the other students stopped me on our way in and told me what a wonderfully sweet and kind boy he is and how much she adores him… not to totally mom brag, but it just feels so good to hear those things and know that he is treating people nicely when we are not around :)
(And he unearthed an old rotary phone at my in-laws last weekend, ha!)
3. And sweet Isabelle is going to be six months old tomorrow! How is that even possible?! She’s starting to taste a few foods and is sitting up all on her own! A whole new world!
4. How insanely gorgeous is this KitchenAid Limited Edition Heritage Mixer with Hobnail Bowl? Soooo tempting especially since Williams Sonoma currently has 20% off entire order!
5. Has anyone gotten one of the new iPhones? Thinking about the XS Max, but wondering if it’s just crazy insane big?
6. Your fall football watching needs these ah-mazing oven-baked wings! >> Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
7. I loved Chrissy Teigen’s first cookbook, so I was interested when I saw she had a whole collection at Target. I adore the stoneware pieces!
8. I’m starting to think about Christmas (!!) and am wondering if you have any personalized stockings that you love? Share in the comments below!
9. For the last four and a half years, I feel like I’ve either been pregnant or taking care of an infant, and basically just surviving day-to-day and month-to-month. Things are starting to feel a bit settled here (even though the best description of our house is basically constant chaos), so I’m excited to already be planning out ideas and goals for 2019. I’m pumped to hit the ground running!
10. TGIF! Dominic’s wasn’t the only birthday this week; Judith turned 2 on Wednesday! How crazy that she and Dominic were born only one day apart! She got some special treats and lots of love :)
Michelle your kids are adorable 😍. Isabelle’s legs!!😍😍. I’ve decided to try the gyros. For some reason I’ve avoided them thinking I didn’t like lamb. But the look so good. Btw, have you tried the Greek food fest for them? I actually haven’t been yet but everyone raves about it. The new Greek church across the street from Passavant hospital. Troy Polomolu has even been sighted!!
Aww thank you Lisa! I saw signs everywhere for that Greek fest near Passavant, but have never gone. I’ve heard of Troy Polamalu sightings as well ;-)
I love the personalized needlepoint stockings from Lands’ End. I bought ours 20 years ago. Everyone in the family has a different design. They are classic, look great hanging from the fireplace, have held up beautifully and the price point is reasonable. They are currently on sale! Check them out.
I will add my two cents in re: personalized Christmas stockings for the kids – Pottery Barn Kids. I have purchased them for each of my granddaughters. They are well made and a nice size. My son and daughter-in-law love them. I like all the different options.
Thanks for all the great recipes! I have to resist making your Ho Ho Cake at every opportunity because I can’t leave it alone!!
Love the Limited addition KA mixer but it is only 350W which is I think a little less power…
I so enjoy your FRIDAY THINGS. I love hearing about your children, who are all just plain adorable! That’s ok to brag about your son. Mom’s are allowed to do that…how sweet! Happy Birthday to Dominic and to Judith!! (Judith is a beautiful dog!) Have a great weekend!
Happy Birthday to Dominic and Judith!
I’m clearly in the minority here, but I HATE that Kitchen Aid Mixer and especially the hobnail bowl.
I don’t like it either! I have a back one and I like it better😉. Good thing we don’t all like the same things!
I LOVE that limited addition Kitchenaid mixer, but there is no way I can justify getting a second one. I’ll just have to envy anyone that gets it and be happy with my cobalt blue one. But I really wish I could buy that bowl. I didn’t know Chrissy Teigen had a collection at Target either. I’m mildly obsessed with her first cookbook so of course I have to go to Target and check out the collection.
My husband got the iPhone XS Max and it’s basically the same size as his iPhone 7+, the screen is just bigger. If you’re used to that size of phone, it should be no adjustment for you.
For comparison, i go the iPhone XS and it’s the same size as my iPhone 7 but the screen is the same size as a 7+.
Don’t feel like you are doing a mom brag – we deserve to brag about our kiddos when they are doing well! It is nice to hear that your child is kind and polite from others. You just don’t know how they act when you aren’t around if people don’t tell you!
I did NOT need to see that Kitchenaid mixer. LOVE it but I have one in perfect working order – from my wedding 12 years ago. I’m going to hold out hope that they sell the hobnail bowl separately at some point. They would be smart to do so.
Happy birthday (and 1/2 birthday) to your kiddos, regular and furry!
The Lands End personalized stockings are ones that we had growing up and we still get them when we have a new family member (https://www.landsend.com/products/needlepoint-christmas-stocking/id_27370).
Our oldest ones have held up for over 25 years so far and still look brand new.
I just got the iPhone XS Max and it’s the same physical size as my 6 x+ the difference is that there is no black space from the home button and on the top. It doesn’t seem crazy bigger. I like it a lot.
I have the answer as to why your boy are the way they are – it’s because of you and your husband. Kudos on raising such beautiful, respectful and wonderful children.
I used to get the same comments from people about our two girls. And now my oldest is a teacher in the elementary school (K – 8) she grew up in!
Dominic and I share a birthday :) Except I was born 49 years before him – ha ha
Continue doing what you are doing. Live in the moment. Before you know it you will be where I am – my oldest daughter is getting married next week. So blessed and happy!
Happy Birthday to you, Trish! I hope you had a wonderful day! :)
Oh that mixer! Better yet, OH! that hobnail bowl!! I wish the bowl was available separately. The whole thing is just beautiful. However, sad news . . . . the WS price is as good as the price gets. Their current 20% off promo doesn’t apply to it.
How about the Pens home opener last night?! What a game and to think 13 goals in one game between the teams. Craziness!
Have a great weekend celebrating special birthdays!
Yes, the bowl is actually the best part of that mixer!! I am in love with it, I wish you could buy it separately too!
And yes, that game was nuts!
Happy Friday! We love the personalized stockings from Pottery Barn. Lots of choices and gorgeous quality! The only minus about ordering stockings personalized is when you get surprised by having another baby and then they no longer carry the pattern you ordered when you had your first child! (Deployment baby😊) So we have two sets of stockings with names on them, but only one set for our current family of four. If we have any more surprise babies we may just go without names on the stockings! 😂
You have every reason and right to brag about Joseph! Enjoy the praise! And get that Kitchenaid out of your head…you don’t need it!
Haha I definitely do not need it, but it’s gorgeous!
Love your whole family. I know you are proud! Thanks
I had to have that mixer the minute I saw it advertised! It’s even prettier in person❤️
I have a ten year old son and have always had people tell me how well behaved he is and what a polite boy he is. It has always been so important to me that my children are nice and respectful. But it does a moms heart good to hear it on a regular basis. So good job!
Love your blog and every single recipe I make from it.
Happy birthday to Dominic and Judith! I love the personalized stockings from Pottery Barn Kids. They are made so well and are gorgeous.
Happy birthday Dominic and Judith! How wonderful to hear what a great kid Joseph is! That would make any mother proud! You are definitely doing something right! Have a great birthday weekend!
Always love Friday Things! That mixer though. 😍😍😍. I neeeeeeed it.