1. Do you remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned that we were having a serious drainage issue in our backyard? We decided that while the drainage problem was being resolved that we would also have the company transform our current concrete slab of a patio into a larger stone patio, complete with a fire pit and sitting wall. They’ve been working every day for nearly a week, and things are starting to shape up. I can’t wait to see everything finished!
2. In other news, Einstein is still rocking the cone look like a champ. One week down, two more to go. He’s so good-natured and easy-going; even though I’m sure he hates that cone more than anything, he never tries to get it off and walks around with his tail wagging all the time. He even sits patiently every night and lets me clean his ear. He’s the best patient!
3. I loved seeing a Pittsburgh bakery, Prantl’s, get some much-deserved attention on Huffington Post this week for their legendary Burnt Almond Torte. Anyone from Pittsburgh can vouch for how fabulous it is, and the best part? You can order it online and have it delivered right to your door! Cakes for everyone!
4. We are now T-minus 14 days until the beach… Sun! Waves! Sand! CANNOT.WAIT.
5. I took the quiz “Which ‘Friends’ Character Are You?” and got Monica, and the description is, well… scarily accurate. Gosh, I loved that show!
6. I am loooooving this vegetable chart; it has everything I need right there! Which vegetables are in season, how to cook them, what to eat them with, etc. All in one handy little chart… I am definitely printing this out and keeping it in my kitchen!
7. So, just out of curiosity, does anyone else use the phrase “close the light” or “open the light” instead of “turn off the light” or “turn on the light”? I do, and I think my mom does, and my Chief Culinary Consultant thinks it’s absolutely hysterical and crazy.
8. Is anyone else all-in on playoff hockey?
9. Do you have any special plans for the Easter weekend? We are having dinner at my mom’s house with my Chief Culinary Consultant’s family, my grandparents, and uncle, aunt and cousins. I’m looking forward to a relaxing day hanging out with everyone!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend! Duke has been a great snuggly little brother while big brother is out of commission with the cone!
(Note to self: Buy Einstein and Duke bunny ears for Easter next year!)