1. It’s official – Joseph is totally on the move! Ironically, the things that motivate him to crawl the most are the dogs’ tails and their toys. He ignores everything else and crawls like a little speedster to their tails or their rubber interlocked rings. I have picked him up, moved him, and tried to distract him countless times in the last 24 hours… he just turns around and starts right after them again.
2. The Pittsburgh Penguins built a new practice facility that is in pretty close proximity to our house, and it opened to the public a couple of weeks ago. A lot of players have been holding informal skates there each morning, and we’ve been waiting for Joseph to wake up from his morning nap in time to go up there and take a peek around. The stars finally aligned on Monday morning and we got to catch some of the skate… need to get Joseph ready for hockey season as soon as possible! :)
3. Have you heard of Trendsend from Evereve? I’ve never been to one of their stores, but I saw someone on my Facebook feed mention this service. It’s the same concept as Stitch Fix, which I love, but it looks like the clothes are a little bit different. If you’ve tried it, let me know what you think!
4. I love this personalized birthday chalkboard poster!
5. I need to get back into meal planning and am totally going to use these meal templates from The Kitchn.
6. What kitchen trends do you like? I’m a big fan of rustic and mixed material.
7. Are you watching U.S. Open tennis this week? I’m always rooting for Roger Federer!
8. The Homeland season premiere is exactly one month from today… can’t wait!
9. Do you have any plans for the long Labor Day weekend?
10. TGIF! These two look to be in deep conversation…
Love the pictures of Joseph! The boys will be an awesome threesome as he grows up!
I like rustic/industrial and texture in kitchen trends. Love white and wood and stainless and then decorating with colour here and there (easy to change) colour schemes. I am stunned at the news about Homeland (Brody back?…I knew it), (Clare Daines leaving?…noooo). Can’t wait for it to start again. I love the photos of Joseph and your dogs. And if that is his bed, wow! It’s gorgeous.
I just signed up for Trendsend! So hopefully I’ll like it. There is no styling fee, like there is with Stitchfix. So I figured, why not? : )
There is nothing like a boy and his dog . . . every boy should have one at some point in his life. Joseph, Einstein, and Duke will be the greatest of pals. It’s ironic that you posed the question about kitchen trends. Currently, we are having our 20 year old kitchen in our mid-century house updated – not a total gutting of it, but still a major project. I love the vintagey feel of red with a little “aqua” accent thrown in. White cabinets and darker wood floor. Kind of an updated farmhouse kitchen look. Is that a trend?? And – I didn’t know the new Pens facility opened to the public!! That’s great news. We’ll have to go and check it out! Steelers. Thursday night. EXCITED!!! Have a great weekend!
BBQ on Monday and I’ll be making your Boston Baked Beans. ???
So excited about Homeland! But did you know Claire Danes is leaving after this season? Can’t imagine it without her!! By the way, that is a beautiful crib!!!
Nooo! Say it isn’t so…I love her so much in the show…but if they bring in a good partner for her maybe it won’t be so bad…I wonder if Mandy Patinkin will stay or go too then..
Hi! one of my good friends/sorority sister opens all of the new Evereve stores and travels around the Midwest managing them! She’s worked for them since it was Hot Mama and they first took off. She was just telling me how they have a personal shopping service, like Stich Fix. I think you’d really like it. you should take the time for yourself and go check it out.
Joseph is adorable! love the photos with him and the pups. My daughter and I are also looking forward to hockey season – go Blackhawks!! :) She just started her first day of 4K today. It goes by so quickly, I can’t believe it!
Joseph looks adorable as usual. I especially like the fact that he’s got his own Crosby jersey!….The meal plan looks interesting – might try a few – I need to do a meal plan rather than trying to “wing” it every night. I can’t wait for Homeland to return – I’m dying to see what happens this season – have to know what happens between Carrie and Brody and with Saul as the new head of the CIA again. Plus I still don’t trust that Dar Adal….lol. The doggies will prove to be a never ending source of entertainment and companionship for Joseph – he looks so cute with them
OMG, are you saying Brody is alive??? I knew it! I could not believe they’d kill him off. I hope we get the series “fast-tracked” to us in Oz at the same time as the US. I love this series.
Seriously, is Brody alive?! Or did you mean Quinn???
Actually I meant Quinn but there are a ton of people online who don’t believe that Brody is dead…they think they substituted a body at the end of another prisoner because he had a hood on his head. Either way I think this season is going to be something else…I also want to see her interact more with her baby – I mean she’s not the best mom but now that she actually confronted her own mother maybe that will change …I just love the show
“6. When kitchen trends to you like?” Huh? I think I know what you meant, but this made me chuckle. Have an awesome holiday weekend!
There’s a clickable link under “kitchen trends” so you can see what she meant. : )
Good for you that you allow Joseph play with your dog. I’ve read that great for kids allergies.
Great picrure of Joseph and Einstein. I wonder if you ever look at the dogs’ expressions, while Joseph is interacting with them, and wonder what they possibly could be thinking. On some level, both Einstein and Duke must be thinking…”Really, first this little creature appeared from no where and just as we are getting used to him, he is on the floor with us and moving on his own….what possibly could be next??”
Gosh, if they only knew what is ahead in the next few months once Joseph is up and running….literally!!
So funny that you talk about Joseph going after your dogs’ tails. When my granddaughter first started crawling she would go after my dog’s feet. She would crawl so fast to get to them. Every time she visited my dog was on alert. It was so fun to watch. My dog was also a great source of laughter for her. I think part of it was the jingle of her tags on her collar, but she was always laughing when the dog was around.
There’s no link to the meal templates. I did see them and they’re great — a very useful tool. If you search “meal templates” at thekitchn.com there are several more.
Hi Sally, So sorry about that, fixed it!