1. I enjoyed a very sports-tastic weekend last week. You might remember that last week I mentioned my Chief Culinary Consultant and I had gone to the semifinals of the Frozen Four. On Saturday night, we went back to watch the championship game… it was a great game and really a lot of fun to see an NCAA championship game – there was confetti and everything!
2. That was followed up by watching The Masters on Sunday, which was just about as exciting as golf gets! I love all of the pomp and circumstance of The Masters – the tradition, the green jacket, the picture-perfect landscaping. Going to Augusta National to watch The Masters is definitely on my bucket list.
3. On Wednesday night, I ate an enormous amount of leftover over loaded baked potato dip as my dinner. I did not regret my decision.
4. Speaking of food, I had my very first soft serve cone of the season last night. I’ve been craving it since the local shops opened up a few weeks ago and after temperatures in the 80’s yesterday, I had to have it. A waffle cone with vanilla and sprinkles hit the spot!
5. I got my toes spruced up and ready for spring this week. They’re sporting Essie Madison Ave Hue. What’s your favorite spring polish color?
6. Einstein also got himself cleaning up for spring – he got a bath and a haircut, and he’s back to being my soft, fluffy, snuggly dog (instead of a total ball of matted grease!). He celebrated by taking a very long nap.
7. This week, I started golf lessons! My BFF and I signed up for a group class with a female instructor and I loved the first session. We went over a lot of basics – how to grip the club, the stance, the swinging motion, etc. Next week we actually get to try to hit balls, can’t wait!
8. My two new favorite cookbooks: The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook and Flour. The Dahlia Bakery is located in Seattle and Flour is located in Boston; their respective cookbooks are amazing. They definitely deserve a spot on your bookshelf!
9. Reminder! I am giving away a $250 Anthropologie gift card and the giveaway ends tonight! Be sure to get your entries in! Good Luck! 🙂
10. TGIF! I hope you get to relax with a buddy this weekend!