1. Today we are leaving for our week-long beach trip, which means I’ll be getting married next week! SO excited! :) I can’t believe it’s here!
2. There will still be recipes going up next week, but I may be a bit behind getting to questions and emails; I’ll be doing my best to catch up quickly when we get back. Thanks in advance for your patience! :)
3. To commemorate my pending nuptials, my best friend took me out for some celebratory frozen yogurt this week (see photo above!). I am so addicted to the toppings! I think the chocolate-covered chunks of waffle cone might be my favorite. If you hit up frozen yogurt places, what are some of your favorite topping combinations?
4. A friend of mine send me this photo via Twitter this week. 100% true… especially since that day (unbeknownst to my friend) Einstein helped himself to a loaf of freshly-baked bread and half a tray of cookies. Serendipity.
5. I know I’ve mentioned here before how obsessed I am with Lindt truffles. My Chief Culinary Consultant brought me some on our first date and I’ve been hooked every since. They’re sold in local grocery stores and at places like Target, but a couple of weeks ago when we were in DC, we stayed within walking distance of an actual Lindt. store. Look out. I was literally a kid in a candy store. This bag was about twice as full when I left the store:
They have so many flavors, I had to get a huge variety since you can’t find most of those in other places. I love the coconut, mint, hazelnut, of course the peanut butter and all variations of the chocolate (milk, dark, extra dark). They just came out with a bunch of new bars, as well. The folks at Lindt sent me some of their new flavor, Strawberries & Creme. It tastes like a smooth, creamy strawberry shortcake. Or strawberry cheesecake. They’re amazing. It’s probably a good thing I live about 4 hours from a Lindt store or I’d be in trouble ;-)
6. Every time I read one of Jessica’s monthly beauty favorites posts, I add umpteen things to my Amazon wish list. If only I had the style sense to know what to do with all of it!
7. I am absolutely in love with the new(ish) Geico commercial featuring the “Hump Day” camel. I giggle incessantly every time it comes on. “Woot woooo!”
8. Last weekend, I Instagrammed a photo of the cookie table at a friend’s wedding, and got a lot of questions about it. Most people hadn’t heard of a cookie table; it’s definitely a regional thing. In Pittsburgh, no wedding is complete without a cookie table. Sure, cake is served for dessert, but traditionally, many members of the couple’s family bake tons of different cookies to be displayed at the wedding for guests to enjoy. Perusing the cookie table is one of the best parts of the reception! And no cookie table is complete without takeout boxes so guests can pack up their favorites to take home with them. Here are some other articles about the tradition of cookie tables: Wikipedia, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and The New York Times.
9. I got my second StitchFix this week and LOVED it! I kept 4 out of the 5 pieces that I received. If you haven’t heard about StitchFix, check out this Friday Things from a few weeks ago, I give a little more detail. Next month, I’ll start blogging about each Fix over on the new Home & Garden section (which I haven’t started up yet). I’m definitely loving this service!
10. TGIF! Einstein hopes your weekend is as comfy as his!