This beef dish is full of rich flavors
- 10ouncefresh pearl onions
- 2poundtop round steak, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 1/2cupssliced onion(1 large)
- 1garlic clove(minced)
- Cooking spray
- 1/3cupall-purpose flour
- 1 1/3cupsless-sodium beef broth
- 1/2cupBurgundy or other dry red wine
- 2tablespoonstomato paste
- 1/2teaspoondried thyme
- 1/4teaspoonblack pepper
- 1bay leaf
- 8ouncepackage mushrooms
- 3cupshot cooked medium egg noodles((about 4 cups uncooked pasta))
- Thyme leaves(optional)
- 1. Drop pearl onions in boiling water; cook 1 minute. Drain onions; peel.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; saute 5 minutes or until browned. Place steak in a 3-quart electric slow cooker. Add sliced onion and garlic to pan; coat with cooking spray, and saute over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Sprinkle flour over onion-garlic mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth, wine, and tomato paste, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thick. Add pearl onions, dried thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and mushrooms.
- 3. Pour wine mixture over steak in cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 7 hours. Discard bay leaf. Serve over noodles. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired.