World’s Best Pimiento Cheese Ball
That is the title of the recipe as it appears on an index card in my grandma’s recipe box. And while I haven’t tasted every pimiento cheese ball recipe in the world, this one is absolutely fantastic, so I definitely think the title is appropriate.
I’ve had cheese balls here and there, but for as much as I love cheese (and cream cheese, at that), none really ever made me go back for seconds. Fast forward to Christmas Day at my grandparents’ this past weekend. I walked in starving, and it wasn’t looking like we were going to be eating right away so I headed to the snack table to see what I could get my hungry little fingers on.
Enter the world’s best cheese ball.
Give me cheese, give me crackers, and I am a happy, happy camper. This cheese ball was heads and tails above just crackers and cheese though.
It had cream cheese. It had pimiento. It had nuts. It was almost a meal in and of itself. Almost.
I still ate plenty once we sat down for our Christmas lunch, but I think I’m definitely bringing the cheese ball back. SO freakin’ delicious.
Cheese Ball Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 ounce jar pimento, undrained
- 3 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- Put the mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic, parsley and Tabasco in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the pimento and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Form the mixture into a ball shape (or form into two smaller balls) and roll in the chopped nuts to cover the outside.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) to allow the flavors to meld together. Serve with your favorite crackers. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped.