1. Thank you to everyone who took the time to wish Joseph a happy birthday this week! We had so much fun celebrating and reminiscing about the last year. He had been taking little baby steps every now and then for a couple of weeks, but on his actual birthday, he walked the length of our coffee table, and ever since he’s been trying to walk every time he stands up!
His 12-month appointment went great… he’s 22 pounds, 29.75 inches and wonderfully healthy. He had been trucking along at the 7-8th percentile for height since he was about 1 month old, but hit a major growth spurt since our last appointment… he’s now at 47th percentile!
And what a difference a year makes! :)
2. Are you in the path of the massive snow storm/blizzard that’s hitting the eastern part of the country this weekend? We’re on the very northwestern fringe, so I think we’ll only get a couple of inches here. If you’re getting some heavy stuff, I’m secretly jealous, but be safe and stay warm!
3. With the passing of Glenn Frey this week, I heard a lot of Eagles songs on the radio and on TV, and it totally took me back to high school. I was a little on the young side for The Eagles – they broke up the year I was born, but Hell Freezes Over was released when I was a freshman in high school and I played that CD on my little Sony boombox over and over and over again. I have vivid memories of laying down to take a nap on Saturday afternoons before doing whatever my 15-year-old self was going to be doing that evening – a basketball game, movies, going to a friend’s house, etc. – and I would put that CD on repeat.
4. If you have DirecTV – have you seen the crazy creepy promo for a movie about psycho grandparents? It freaks me out every single time it’s on; I really wish they would stop!!
5. This would absolutely be Einstein…
6. I’m in love with this room and that view…
7. This is a fascinating article about a former flight attendant on Air Force One >> Pacers Usher Worked for Three U.S. Presidents.
8. Some good tips on how to organize baking supplies… I feel like I need to reorganize my pantry every two weeks, ugh!
9. I’m sure you’ve heard by now that there’s going to be a FRIENDS REUNION! Ahh so excited! But no Matthew Perry? Bummer. I think I’m still more excited for Fuller House to be released on Netflix, though!
10. TGIF! It took Duke and Einstein a couple of days to recover from Joseph’s party :)
Love the photo of the two of you! Both are so photogenic! Thanks for sharing wonderful recipes and a little of your family also!
Love the comparison photos of Joseph, he is such a photogenic little guy and is coming along well with his milestones. Sad about Glenn Frey…makes you realise your mortality (I’m closer to his age than you are). The Eagles bring back great memories- I had moved to a small town in Canada not long after having finished nursing school in Vancouver (we were recommended to have the small town experience) and the album Desperado was out. We partied with a crazy group of student teachers and danced to Tequila Sunrise etc. Music really does take you back to places in time. Hope you do get just that bit of snow…we’re in the torrential thunder and rainstorm season here is Australia (and some hot days mid 30s here and there).
I enjoy your blog so much. It’s my favorite! I love hearing about darling Joseph, sweet dogs and what you’ve been up to. And, of course, your recipes. Thank you for letting us be a part of your life. And let it snow, let it snow, let it snow…..
So in love with those gorgeous dogs!
I love ya’ll’s selfie! Joseph is so dadgum photogenic (like his Mother)! And how he has grown! You have a lot of good times ahead of you with that sweet little guy – hold on to all of them because they really do grow up very fast.
It snowed about 2″ here where I live in Arkansas – about an hour away, they got 6″ – and 20 minutes away the other direction – ZERO! Cwazy weather! I hope ya’ll get some!
We were very sad to hear that Glenn Frey died. He really had a rough time with his disease – and very painful. I am glad that he is no longer suffering, though. An end to an era for us – we had the Eagles in our lives from young kids. We are lucky that we got to attend the Hell Freezes Over Tour before he got sick and had to postpone – and it was FABULOUS! Great memories of the Eagles.
I had no idea there was going to be a Friends reunion! But without Matthew Perry? How weird will that be – are they going to kill him off? I must Google!
Your fur babies do look a bit worn out! LOL Have a great weekend!
Joseph is adorable as usual! Great pics of him as a baby and now – not in the way of the storm – thank goodness- I was a teenager when the Eagles broke up – hearing their music always takes me back to high school and early adulthood.
Sweet picture of both of you! I love that Joseph is smiling in every single photo – such a happy boy! :)
What a nice picture of the two of you. Joseph is so adorable. They do grow so fast. Savor every moment with him.
Oh those legs on Joseph! Love those baby legs when they’re so chubby and squishy :) What a cutie he is! Well, that snow . . . my daughter goes to college in Virginia. She is right in the 18-24″ range of this storm. Classes were canceled as of last night. Just an “inch” of snow causes some real issues for them. Her friend told her “you pretend you’re from the south, but you drive like you’re from the north” just the other day when they had a dusting and she was the one who drove everyone to Target. They’ll be skiing down the mountain with this storm!
HA! I love how Joseph cheeses for the camera so well for you!! I’m in Harrisburg and we are due to really get hit this weekend, ugh. But I’m ready- I have my wine (duh) and plan to whip up a batch of your father in law’s sauce and meatballs (my all time fave, first Instagram photo and my family is obsessed- thank you thank you!) and a batch of your white chicken chili (my new fave, so spicy and perfect for a snowy weekend!) I’m sure some cookies will make their way into the kitchen also. Thanks for giving me plenty of love to whip up this weekend :) Happy belated birthday to Joseph.
WAAAAHHHHHH! I teared up at the newborn photo of Joseph. Tears. Unbidden. Sheesh. My “baby” is 10, and as you know children seem to grow up fast. What a happy, happy boy your Joseph is.
Love Golden Retrievers. My 2nd favorite breed after #1, the Rough Collie.
Was in Pittsburgh a week ago doing college visits. If you’re ever on the Pitt campus I recommend the Liege waffles at the little Waffallonia kiosk type of walk up shop. Delicious.
Monterey Pub in the Mexican War Streets on the Northside had tasty food. Super good burger cooked to order. Good Irish boxty dish. Nice servers. Crowded but with a reservation we had no problem getting seated.
Finally (!), i was seriously bummed at the Steelers loss. I live in a rival, (not really though), city & am a long time fan as are many that live here. Here’s hoping for next year!
Joseph is such a BEAUTIFUL little boy. I didn’t send this message after you posted his adorable birthday photos the other, but I so enjoy seeing him. He was just beautiful when he was born and is such a handsome little guy now. God bless all your family — two- and four-footers alike. ?
I love the pic of the two of you wearing hats ..very nice :D
What a difference in size from when he was born. He got so big and handsome!!!
Love your doggies!!!
Thank you for always sharing your photos.
As usual, Joseph is just adorable and Duke and Einstein are precious! That beautiful view makes me think of the lodge on the north rim of the Grand Canyon and brings back wonderful memories! Thanks so much and have a wonderful weekend! Each day is great!
Oh my gosh, Joseph so SO CUTE!