(How funny is this picture? It looks like Joseph is doing some sort of serious choreography routine… I’m pretty sure he was getting ready to run after Duke.)
1. Joseph turned 20 months old on Monday! He’s such an awesome little guy and I have so much fun interacting with him every day. A little update on him:
Favorite Foods: Banana, Cheerios, grapes, avocado, applesauce
Favorite Toys: Anything musical, mega blocks, balls, and random boxes that are delivered that he can climb on.
He’s such an affectionate little guy. He loves to give hugs and kisses and often will carry a stuffed animal around the room to share it with everyone (even Duke), and pretends that it’s giving everyone kisses. There’s nothing better than an unexpected hug and kiss from him!
2. So many of you have asked how Duke is doing on his own (thank you!) – he’s definitely a little bit different, less crazy spastic than usual, and more attached to Joseph than he had been. Usually when I go upstairs to get dressed, Joseph comes with me, and Duke has been following us the last few days. He lays near us when we’re playing on the floor (just like Einstein used to do), and has been more patient with Joseph (Joseph also loves to give Duke big hugs and kisses and he would sometimes spaz out before, but now he just lets him do it).
3. I’m now past the 38-week mark and we’re about 10 days from my due date, ahhhh!! I FINALLY packed my hospital bag (it had been on my to-do list for weeks, ugh), which is much, much smaller than the haul I took last time, so I’m pretty much ready to roll and just in waiting mode!
4. As a mom, Golden Retriever-lover and Amazon Prime-lover, this commercial tugs at my heart strings every single time:
5. Loved this article on what it feels like to be the last generation to remember life before the Internet… I can’t even begin to tell you how grateful I am that I got to experience high school and college without social media and cell phones. I’m already all “Joseph won’t have a cell phone until he’s 16!” when I hear about 6 year olds having them. I’ve totally entered the “get off my lawn” phase of life, apparently. Or, I’ve just turned into my parents. Eek.
6. Such a lovely story about a graduate student living in a retirement community in Denmark >> Roomies.
7. You know I can’t resist bragging about my hometown, so I’m sharing this video that Zagat did on Why Pittsburgh is America’s Hottest Food City. Love!
8. This pancake art is utterly amazing!
9. Are you watching any new shows yet this fall? We’re about a third of the way through season 3 of Blacklist on Netflix and my goodness, is it good! We also DVR’ed Designated Survivor but haven’t had a chance to watch it yet.
10. TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!