1. Last Saturday we had Christmas with my dad’s family and Joseph refused to nap before we went, then proceeded to totally crash around 3:30. He has NEVER just conked out in the middle of chaos before; so sweet.
He had to get blood drawn this week (nothing serious, just a redo of the allergy panel he had done last year), and he was SUCH A TROOPER. As in, he barely flinched and didn’t shed a single tear. The experience last year was a little… dramatic, to say the least (lots of crying and screaming), so I was totally prepared for the same. Then… nothing. The tech was absolutely awesome and great with him, which I’m sure helped!
2. Dominic is doing great, too! He discovered his hands and is absolutely mesmerized by them… he’s constantly cupping them together in front of his face and studying them, turning them, sucking on them. I forgot how much time Joseph spent with his hands and fingers shoved in his mouth when he was tiny!
He watched some hockey with me this week after his big brother went to bed :)
3. Who has an Instant Pot? Do I need this? Is it the new slow cooker? My aunt loves hers!
4. One of my goals for next year is to read more. What were some of your favorite books this year?
5. What are you binge watching right now?
6. Most of my favorite holiday cookies include either peanut butter or other nuts, and since we’re avoiding all of that with Joseph’s allergies, I have the dough for these cookies in the fridge to bake later today. I’ve wanted to try them forever, can’t wait!
7. Do you build gingerbread houses? I can’t believe I’ve NEVER made one! Maybe we did them when I was little, but I don’t remember. I might have to make plans for one next year – I’m sure the boys would love it.
8. What are your plans for the holiday weekend? We are having Christmas Eve at my mom’s tomorrow (alllll the fish!) and then will be home with my in-laws on Christmas Day. Looking forward to all of it!
9. There won’t be a weekend dish tomorrow due to the holiday, so I wish you all an absolutely wonderful holiday weekend!
10. TGIF! Duke wishes you a very Merry Christmas!