1. Dominic has been just the happiest baby and giving us lots of incredible open-mouthed, wide-eyed smiles, like he couldn’t possibly be more excited about life than at that exact moment. It’s crazy wonderful.
2. A flip seems to have been switched with Joseph, because all of a sudden last week, he got REALLY into watching Sesame Street. We had been putting it on here and there, but he was never interested. Now, he loves it! He dances to the songs and claps when they’re over, he LOVES Elmo (and my aunt got him a talking Elmo for Christmas), and is just captivated by the whole show. It’s actually entertaining for my husband and I, too. Love the spoofs they do on pop culture (like a Cookie Monster re-enactment of “The Hungry Games” HA!).
3. How was your Christmas holiday? Ours was wonderful, spent with lots of family both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The boys did great – no meltdowns – and we escaped without having to add TOO many new toys to the overflowing toy box ;-) I shared some photos here if you’re interested!
4. Have you heard of LikeAGlove? Supposedly you put on these “smart” leggings and connect them to an app, they take all of your measurements, then compare them against a database of denim and spit out the best matches for your body. Expensive, but potentially worth it to find a pair of jeans that fit perfectly?
5. Do you have any New Year’s Eve plans? We love staying in, so we’ll be home… I need to work on my snack menu :)
6. Have you heard about the Give Back Box program? I haven’t tried it yet, but plan to in the near future… if you have an empty Amazon shipping box, you can fill it up with stuff you don’t want, seal it and print out a free shipping label, then drop it off at the post office or UPS, or schedule a pickup, and it will go to the nearest participating Goodwill. Genius!
7. Only a couple more weeks until the new Homeland season starts! I’m dying for some new TV, thank goodness! I’m bummed, though, that The Americans isn’t coming back until March.
8. There won’t be a Weekend Dish tomorrow due to the holiday, but it will be back in full swing next Saturday!
9. Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Have a fun and safe weekend!
10. TGIF! Duke is ready to party :)