1. My husband snapped a picture of Dominic and Duke standing at the window yesterday morning, and it’s pretty much identical to one he took of Joseph and Duke a couple of years ago. Joseph was about a month younger in that picture, and I can hardly even remember him being so small. Time sure does fly!
2. Last Saturday, we had an opportunity to all go and have our picture taken with the Stanley Cup. We had breakfast, then got both boys in the car, jerseys and all, and headed down to the arena. Unfortunately, there was a loooooooong wait, and after nearly two hours, Dominic had clearly had enough and didn’t look to be changing his mind anytime soon. We estimated at least another hour in line, so we cried uncle and left.
However, before we left, we did make it far enough in line to go through the locker room, which was really neat to see!
3. Did you buy anything for Amazon Prime Day this week? I totally did not (probably the only day of the year I didn’t buy something, somewhere, ha!), but tell me what you scored!
4. Loved this article Jessica shared earlier this week >> Our 10 Favorite Beach Towns for Food Lovers. When I was growing up, we took a ton of vacations to Dewey Beach in Delaware, so seeing Rehoboth Beach on the list and the mention of Grotto’s Pizza brought back so many great memories. My husband and I went there for a day trip when we were dating and he was living in DC, and I insisted on getting Grotto’s Pizza before we left!
5. Does anyone remember Pocket Rockers? They were like little iPods with two songs on each little cartridge before such a thing existed? I remember getting them at KB Toy Store back in the 80’s and I very distinctly remember which songs I had every time I hear one of them on the radio… “Manic Monday” and “Walk Like the Egyptians” by The Bangles… “Livin on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi… “The Heat is On” and “The Power of Love”… and Belinda Carlisle “Heaven is a Place on Earth”. I’m sure I had more, but those are the songs I always remember listening to. My husband has no recollection of these, did anyone else have one?
6. Going to try to incorporate some of these >> My Tips for Getting More Done in a Day
7. Related to the above, this post on the mental load that makes moms so tired totally hit the nail on the head. I’m always tired, even if I get enough sleep, and it’s not physical tiredness, it’s mental exhaustion and NOW I KNOW WHY. I always try to explain to my husband how much stuff is going through my head on a daily (or hourly!) basis and how it makes me crazy because I never used to forget things or totally space on stuff the way I do now, but I guess Mom Brain is definitely real.
8. One of Pittsburgh’s restaurants, Morcilla, made Bon Appetit’s list of America’s Best New Restaurants in 2016… it came in at #4!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a cozy weekend!