1. Tuesday was my sister’s birthday (Happy Birthday, sister!), so we all enjoyed a nice dinner out to celebrate. We went to 1947 Tavern in Pittsburgh, where I devoured that mac & short ribs dish you see above. Ordering that (with the helpful encouragement of my Chief Culinary Consultant!) was probably the best decision I made that day. Insanely good.
2. This past Wednesday was my 3rd golf lesson, which means they’re already halfway over! This week our instructor videotaped our swings and then played them back, comparing them side-by-side with a professional golfer and explaining (through “telestration“) what we were doing well and what we need to work on. It was super helpful! Here I am taking a big ol’ swing:
Apparently, my stance is good and I don’t move my head while I’m swinging (good!), but when I take the club back it needs to be above, not below, my shoulder. My homework this week is to hit golf balls. Local drivings ranges, look out!
4. A few weeks ago, I shared a link to how to give a reflexology foot massage. Afterward, the folks at Clark Wellness contacted me to see if I’d like to try out their Reflex Wave foot massager. I said sure, and they sent one out to me. Let me tell you, it is amazing. After standing in the kitchen all day, my feet are usually killing me. I’ve been using the foot massager and it is like night and day once I finish my little massage session. I can’t believe how much better they feel and how much more relaxed my entire body is! Huge thumbs up!
5. My strawberry plant from last year has been re-born, and yesterday I noticed that it already has a blossom! Bring on the fresh strawberries!
6. The Pittsburgh Marathon is being held this weekend and I just learned yesterday of an amazing local story. A man whose 7-year-old daughter was born premature and blind will be running the entire race – all 26.2 miles – blindfolded, in honor of his daughter and to raise awareness for the Vision Research ROPARD Foundation. You can read all about his story here.
7. Is anyone familiar with Stitch Fix? It’s basically an online shopping service where you fill out a “style profile”, set your price range, and you get five clothing items sent to you at home. The premise is to try them on, keep what you like, send back what you don’t. I’m totally intrigued by this since I’m a pretty boring shopper and rarely buy anything outside of the same three or four stores, plus trying on at home totally trumps mall dressing rooms. I’m thinking about giving it a try! If you’ve used it, I’d love to hear your feedback!
8. This week the Stanley Cup playoffs began, which is one of my favorite times of the year. I’m thrilled to be going to the Penguins’ 2nd game tonight versus the Islanders! Each year around this time, my sister starts sending me these e-cards… I think she’s trying to tell me I might be a tad bit obsessed with the playoffs ;-)
9. Did you see that Maria and Josh got little baby chicks? They’re going to have their own chickens for fresh eggs!
10. TGIF! Get out and enjoy the sun! Someone I know is a professional sunbather…