Friday Things #398
1. This sweet girl has finally started asking for a blanket at bedtime, but by the time we say goodnight, she ends up wanting it off and out of her crib. I still love seeing her all tucked in and cozy for a little bit :)
2. Ever since Joseph was three years old, he’s has said that he wants to be a race car driver when he grows up, no wavering. However, earlier this week, out of the blue, he told me that when he grows up he wants to be a teacher. When I asked him why he’d like to be a teacher, he said, “I want to help little kids sound out words and learn to spell.” ❤️️ A wonderful testament to the amazing teacher he has!
3. Dominic had his first preschool assessment via Zoom earlier this week and he just blew through everything and was SO incredibly proud of himself. It melted my heart to watch him answer her questions, then get a big smile, look at me and say, “I got them all, Mommy!”
4. The entire inside of our house is completely decorated for Christmas! It’s the earliest we’ve ever done it, but the kids are ecstatic and my husband and I are enjoying the glow of the lights and we are all rocking out to Christmas music.
5. Putting the tree and the stockings up prompted the kids to start thinking about what they want from Santa. The other night after dinner, they all took paper to their table in the playroom to make lists and it gave me total nostalgia of being hunkered over the JCPenney Christmas catalog as a kid.
6. If you’re planning to make any meringue-topped pies next week, I did an entire tutorial over the summer that might be useful >> How to Make Meringue: The Ultimate Guide
7. I’m totally intrigued by this popcorn-popping bowl.
8. What are your favorite cold-weather meals?
9. We finally watching the last season of Homeland and oh my gosh, it was so well written and reminded me of the first few seasons when I was on the edge of my seat with every single episode. Although, I’m still unsure how I feel about the ending. Two nights ago we started the new season of The Crown, which I didn’t realize had been released until we saw it pop up on Netflix!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!