1. I’m back from Florida and MARRIED! I’ll be sharing more wedding details in a separate post, but to sum it all up, it was absolutely perfect and everything we had hoped it would be. We got married last Thursday evening right before sunset, standing barefoot in the sand.
2. The photo above was taken about 30 minutes before our ceremony began. It was storming up until that point, and started up again right as we were finishing up our photographs; we somehow managed to get a perfect window of weather!
3. Aside from actually getting married, our vacation was wonderful. A trip to the beach always feels so relaxing and rejuvenating. Toes in the sand, water lapping at your feet, the warm sun on your face. It just doesn’t get much better. I’m already anxious to go back!
4. Needless to say, it has been slow-going getting back into a routine this week. I’m still in vacation mode!
5. We aren’t wasting any time adding to our little family… today we are picking up a little brother for Einstein! A furry one, of course :) I promise to inundate you with pictures of a fluffy little Golden Retriever puppy :)
6. I don’t know about you, but I’m more than ready for some of my favorite fall shows to get started! Do you watch Homeland? If so, you have to check out the Season 3 Trailer. I can’t wait!
7. I have been on a short ribs tear since having Mac & Short Ribs back in the spring. The best meal I ate while on vacation was, hands-down, braised short rib with smoked cheesy corn grits. I plan on making these slow cooker short rib tacos by Jessica as soon as possible!
8. There was just a hint of fall in the air yesterday and it made me immediately crave Friday night high school football games (even though I never go, but I could always hear them from my old house), my favorite hoodie, nachos and hot apple cider. In no particular order. What are your favorite things about fall?
9. Speaking of fall, I am counting the days until hockey starts back up again. I am more than ready to start planning my schedule around Penguins games again :) It’s almost here!
10. TGIF! Have a relaxing weekend!