Friday Things #499
1. Joseph has been very into playing chess lately, and as a snowball effect, Dominic and Isabelle have been learning and playing, too. I love it!
2. I mentioned last week that Dominic and I were in New York for another neuroblastoma vaccine injection and his first set of scans since beginning the vaccine trial; I’m thrilled to report that the scan results were good and he remains in remission. Thank you all so, so much for your continued prayers ❤️
3. This may seem like an odd request, but does anyone have a toilet brush they love? We have a different one in each bathroom and I don’t really love them. The best one we have is the OXO toilet brush but I’m wondering if there’s a better one out there?
4. A great list to consult as we head into a busy season >> 15 Little Ways to Bring Intentionality Into Your Day
5. Do you have any Advent traditions that you do (or have done) with your kids? I’d love to come up with something to make the season more meaningful for the kids and was talking to another mom this past weekend and she said last year they did a special service project each week, which I loved. Throw your ideas at me!
6. I think I have made this homemade granola recipe three times in the last 10 days. Everyone in the house has been devouring it with Greek yogurt. I haven’t had the dried fruit, but I’ve been including chopped pecans; it’s been a hit!
7. I love this from Laura Ingalls Wilder:
“The real things haven’t changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.”
Source: Laura’s Letter to Children
8. This article is behind a paywall, so I only was able to read the first few paragraphs, but boy what a refreshing take! >> I’m Not Sorry For My Delay
9. We’ve been watching the latest season of Bosch and it’s been so good! I’m so glad they did a spinoff.
10. TGIF! Duke loves to hang in the kitchen when I’m cooking 😍