1. I would love to know how in just two short months we’ve gone from this:
How did that happen?! Our puppy has exploded! He’s like a real dog! Duke turned 4 months old on Wednesday and is getting his last round of puppy shots this morning. His puppy breath is a distant memory, he outgrew his puppy collar, and he and Einstein have started to play some legit games of tug of war.
2. At least 50% of the socks that I own currently have holes in them. I have no idea how this happens; I feel like I’m always buying new socks! I found a bunch at Target yesterday that are insanely comfortable – Alaskan Knit. They are a little pricey, but I stocked up since I somehow manage to wear out socks like nobody’s business.
3. Have you seen this video of a cat pushing another cat down a set of steps? I couldn’t stop laughing!
4. The folks over at ThermoWorks (the company that makes my favorite instant digital thermometer, the Thermapen) contacted me to see if I wanted to check out a new product of theirs, the ChefAlarm. It’s a thermometer that works as an alarm – you set the target temperature and the thermometer beeps when it’s reached. This is such an awesome idea! No more sitting and staring at a thermometer. I tested it out when I made the apple cider caramels; I was actually unloading the dishwasher when the thermometer hit 252 degrees. I scooted over to the stove and finished the recipe. I love it!
5. This list on BuzzFeed of 55 Things Only ’90s Teenage Girls Can Understand is just fantastic. I can still smell the Cool Water… ;-)
6. It’s polite to celebrate, right?! (via Two Peas and Their Pod Facebook)
7. We handed out Halloween candy last night and, turns out, I majorly overestimated on the candy. Since it was our first year in this neighborhood, I wasn’t sure how many kids to expect (plus, I thought maybe kids still got dropped off in different neighborhoods) and didn’t want to run out of candy. I now have a serious candy stash; I have a feeling I’m going to be doing some candy baking soon!
8. How good is Homeland right now?! Each time an episode ends, I whine, “Nooooooooo”. Seriously. (I’m a champion whiner.) I think there should be a two-hour episode on every single night. This once a week business is nonsense.
9. I just saw this “How To Shower Like a Woman vs. How To Shower Like a Man” on Facebook recently. It’s hysterical and I’m pretty sure it’s nearly 99% accurate.
10. TGIF! If he could, Duke would totally make matching friendship bracelets for him and Einstein. BFFs, right there.