1. Duke turns 8 months old on the 30th, and since we don’t have 30 days in February, we’ll just call today his 8-month birthday. He still sleeps on the fireplace, even though he barely fits and looks like he’s paddling a surfboard most of the time 😉
2. Confession: I don’t watch the Oscars. I have zero interest in them. I know tons of people throw parties, etc., but please tell me I’m not the only one who sits this one out!
3. I don’t know about you, but I am MORE than ready for soft serve stands to open up for the season. Nothing beats a vanilla/chocolate swirl covered in sprinkles, right?!
4. Okay, so House of Cards. Tons of you were crazy enthusiastic about recommending it last week, so last Friday night, my Chief Culinary Consultant and I watched the first episode. Then, we watched the second episode. By Monday night, we had polished off the entire first season, and we’re currently halfway through the second season. I believe this would be the definition of “binging”. Seriously, though, OMG SO GOOD. Gah! So many awful people and I can’t look away.
5. Have you been taking Buzzfeed quizzes? I’m such a sucker for them! So far, I’ve found that I should have been born in the 1950’s, I should be an astronaut (ha!), I should live in Switzerland, and that I would most likely be Veterinarian Barbie (that one is spot-on).
6. Speaking of Barbie, I had NO idea there were different “types” of Barbies. I just thought there was one Barbie. Truth be told, I never, ever played with dolls as a kid. My sister had the whole Barbie thing going on with clothes, the house, etc. Me? I asked for a baseball glove for my 6th birthday and requested a hockey player on my 8th birthday cake. Sooo… yeah. No dolls for me.
7. On Sunday, my Chief Culinary Consultant and I are taking a glass blowing class at a local place here in Pittsburgh. My sister got us a gift certificate for Christmas, and we are super excited to give it a try. Hopefully the looming snow storm for Sunday/Monday doesn’t foil our plans!
8. Have you heard of The Crispery? It first popped onto my radar thanks to Amanda, and now I can’t get it out of my head! They make homemade gourmet Rice Krispies treats in a ton of different flavors, like chocolate caramel, cookies and cream, mint chocolate chip, and over a dozen more. You can order online and have them shipped right to your door. Mail order gourmet Rice Krispies treats is seriously a genius idea!
9. I am giving away a $150 Albion Fit gift card over on Home & Garden! Don’t forget to get your entries in before Sunday!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a cozy weekend!