1. This week, we had our second training session with Duke (and Einstein joined in this time!). We did a lot of work with walking him and avoiding distractions and giving him lots of feedback (negative and, more importantly, positive), then we moved inside to an obstacle course. Duke is basically terrified of anything new and different, and wanted nothing to do with any of the obstacles. The trainer said that a primary issue is that he’s lacking confidence in himself, so we forced him to do each one the first time, and then after that he did each one with increasing enthusiasm, and by the end he was so thrilled and proud of himself. Einstein just took it upon himself to do all of the obstacles on his own, even the ones we weren’t doing with Duke ;-)
Yesterday, I took them both for a walk together and it may have been the most relaxing, stress-free walk I’ve ever had with the two of them. I had stopped walking them together a few weeks ago because it was just way too much – constant pulling, yanking, frustration, I didn’t want to fall, etc. Things have VASTLY improved! These lessons have been worth their weight in gold. We go back in another two weeks!
2. The new Wendy’s commercials have managed to get my brain stuck on 90’s music. I can’t get “To Be With You” out of my head!! Ack!
3. Have you seen the Modern Seinfeld Twitter account? If you were ever a fan of the show, you HAVE to check it out… hysterical! Now I really want them to bring the show back with present-day episodes. DO IT, Larry David! (And while you’re at it, how about some new seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm?)
4. I am 17 weeks pregnant this week and had a check-up on Wednesday that went perfectly! We got to hear the heartbeat again, which always leaves me in total awe. There’s an actual little human beating away in there! Other than that, my belly is growing, and I think I’ve finally reached the second trimester energy surge – I’ve been feeling great!
5. If you use photos online, this Can I Use That Picture? flow chart is an excellent resource for making sure you’re not violating any copyright licenses.
6. I was so thrilled to find pasteurized fresh mozzarella at the grocery store, and have had caprese toasts as my dinner multiple nights this week. It’s hard to beat fresh tomatoes and basil during the summer; the only thing that would make it better is if they came from my own garden!
7. A few weeks ago, I shared with you the new cocktail website that my husband started, The Drink Kings. He’s been a cocktail-making machine, and I can’t try any of them! Maybe there will be a Shirley Temple in my future :) If you haven’t yet, be sure to check it out! He takes some pretty kick-butt pictures, if I do say so myself ;-) You can also follow him on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.
8. I love this quote that I stumbled upon this week: “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” [Marcus Tullius Cicero]
9. I haven’t watched anything (TV or movies) remotely interesting lately… I’m especially missing movies! There haven’t seemed to be many worth watching lately (we usually browse the premium channels, Netflix and Redbox). We’re still watching Tyrant, but that’s mostly due to a lack of anything else good to watch. Perhaps I should pick up some baby books to fill the void ;-)
10. TGIF! I hope you have a cozy weekend!