My Fall Baking To-Do List
A few days ago I shared with you all of my favorite recipes for the fall season that I have made and posted to date. There are quite a few of them (150!), but there is still so much more that I can’t wait to make. There are tons of different ways I find inspiration for what I make in the kitchen – cookbooks, magazines, other blogs, family requests, etc. – and for this fall my head is already brimming with ideas. I already have a list in my mind of the recipes I definitely want to tackle over the next few months, and thought it would be fun to share it with you. I’d love to know what your kitchen goals are for the upcoming fall season, as well as any recipes you’d like to request to see here on the site. Enjoy the list!
In no particular order…
Recipes to Make:
1. Maple-Walnut Fudge. I tried to make this over the weekend and failed miserably. I will conquer it.
2. Chicken Noodle Soup. Amazingly, I’ve never put together an awesome homemade recipe. This is near the top of my list.
3. Chicken Tortilla Soup. A regional restaurant, Max & Erma’s, serves an amazing version of this. I love how cheesy and spicy it is; need to make this at home!
4. Serious Chili. I usually make mine with ground beef, but there’s a version I’ve been dying to try with cubed steak meat, molasses and beer, chiles, and a ton of other great ingredients. Sounds divine.
5. Classic Apple Pie. I need to perfect this fall classic. Look for this soon!
6. Rye Bread. I’ve tried a few times without much success, but bought a Jewish cookbook a little while ago, which has an authentic recipe, and I can’t wait to try it.
7. Sourdough Bread. I must master it – it’s the perfect bread for warm and cheesy paninis during the cool months!
8. Tomato Soup. Nothing warms the soul like a bowl of hot tomato soup and a perfect grilled cheese sandwich.
9. Focaccia. Because it’s soooo good.
10. Pumpkin Roll. I’ve never made one. I need to remedy that.
11. Pasta. Homemade pastas like tortellini and ravioli, and to perfect dishes like lasagna.
12. Butternut Squash Risotto. I fell in love with butternut squash last year, and I can’t wait to try it in risotto.
13. Rice Pudding. I’ve never even eaten it, yet made it, but I’m intrigued by it and need to introduce it to my taste buds.
14. Meatloaf. I want to make an out-of-this-world, melt-in-your-mouth meatloaf. It’s so classic, I want an awesome recipe in my arsenal.
Stuff to Buy:
In addition to recipes to try, there are also a few new kitchen toys I plan on buying…
• Double Sided Pie Toppers from King Arthur Flour
• Pie Crust Shield from King Arthur Flour – Because my pie crusts sometimes get a little too dark.
• Panini Press. I haven’t decided which one I’m buying, but I’m eyeing up this Cuisinart Griddler.
• Immersion Blender. If I’m going to be rocking soups like tomato and tortilla, I think one of these is in order!
So… that’s where I’m at in prepping my kitchen for fall. I have a list of recipes to conquer and some new toys to buy. I’m looking forward to enjoying batches of soups and stews while cool air pillows through the windows from outside.
How about you? What recipes are you hoping to tackle this season? Any new kitchen gadgets you’re planning to purchase?