Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
If you know me, you know that I absolutely, positively love cheesecake. Cheesecake anything. Cheesecake everything. I have sampled countless different varieties of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, and I always come back to the Oreo cheesecake. I love many of them, but I’m such a kid when it comes to Oreos and I totally adore them in my cheesecake. I even made myself an Oreo Cheesecake for my birthday a few years back. So when I saw these cookies – essentially a cheesecake with mini chocolate chips, and rolled in Oreo crumbs – they were calling my name!
Truth be told, I was pretty darn tempted to totally ditch the actual cookies and just eat the cookie dough straight up out of the bowl. There are no eggs, so it was especially tempting. I couldn’t stop sneaking tastes! Actually, I think that rolling the dough into balls and then freezing them would make a great center for cheesecake truffles. Or, just a really fantastic treat from the freezer ;-)
If you love cheesecake and/or Oreos, you will totally adore these cookies!
One year ago: Irish Soda Bread Scones
Three years ago: Golden Brioche Loaf
Chocolate cheesecake in cookie form!
(at room temperature)
(at room temperature)
mini chocolate chips
Oreo cookie crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and well-combined.
3. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are well-combined. Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
4. Place the Oreo cookie crumbs in a small bowl. Scoop the cookies into about 1½ to 2" balls and then roll in the cookie crumbs. Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
5. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Saturated fat: 8g
Vitamin A: 350%
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a review below, then snap a picture and tag @thebrowneyedbaker on Instagram so I can see it!