These blondies have all the favorite flavors of a snickerdoodle
- 2 2/3cupsall-purpose flour
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- ¼teaspoonground nutmeg
- 2cupspacked brown sugar
- 1cupunsalted butter, at room temperature((8 ounces))
- 1tablespoonvanilla extract
- 2tablespoonsgranulated sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- 2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 3. Beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla. Beat, scraping the bowl, until thoroughly combined. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Give the dough a final stir with a spatula or wooden spoon to make sure the flour is incorporated.
- 4. Spread the dough evenly into the pan (I found an offset spatula was the best tool for the job, as it's a thick batter). Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- 5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.