10 Spooky & Delicious Halloween Recipes

Jack o' Lantern Cake Pops by Bakerella

Photo: Jack o' Lantern Cake Pops by Bakerella

I thought that Bakerella’s adorable cake pops were a fitting beginning to a post about festive Halloween treats. You can check out Bakerella’s story about how these cake pops landed on the cover of the Betty Crocker magazine; you’ve probably seen the issue while waiting in line at the grocery store! There are tons of fun ways to doctor up sweets around Halloween to make them creepy and crawly and just plain spooky looking. I’ve been running across a few here and there and had some saved, and decided with only a couple of more weeks until Halloween, it would be a great time to lend  you some inspiration. Whether you’re throwing a Halloween party, need to send in treats for your kids’ school party or just want to have some festive fun in the kitchen, I think you’ll find these recipes to be fun, easy and perfect for October 31st! Enjoy!

10 Fun Halloween Recipes

Bloody Finger Cookies (Nosh With Me)

Cake Balls, Halloween-Style (The Pioneer Woman Cooks)

Fudgy Graveyard Brownies (Picky Palate)

Icky Intestines Puff Pastry Bake (canarygirl)

Macaroni Cheese Bake in Coffin Toast (Almost Bourdain)

Mummy Heads Rice Krispy Treats (RecipeGirl)

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (Brown Eyed Baker)

Skeleton Cupcakes (cookies and cups)

Spooky Ghost Meringues (101 Cookbooks)

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds (Simply Recipes)

So tell me, what are your plans for Halloween? A party? Trick or Treating? Fun food? Any great costumes out there?

32 Responses to “10 Spooky & Delicious Halloween Recipes”

1. Kristina @ spabettie on October 15, 2010 at 12:21 am

thanks for this list!! there are some fabulous goodies here!!

I LOVE the skeleton cupcakes – totally clever!

2. Nikki (Pennies on a Platter) on October 15, 2010 at 12:58 am

Great list! Thanks Michelle!

3. Rene on October 15, 2010 at 3:07 am

I’ve never gotten into cakepops. They look like so much fun but I have no real place to bring them and they seem like too much work to just take pictures of!

But those meringues are definitely on my list of things to make :).

4. notyet100 on October 15, 2010 at 6:40 am

yummy links,..hpy weekend,.

5. shelly (cookies and cups) on October 15, 2010 at 7:27 am

Don’t know how I missed this before, but thanks sweet girl for the link up!
    Great list as well!

6. Amalia on October 15, 2010 at 8:59 am

we dont traditionally celebrate halloween but sometimes people do have parties! it’d be fun to take onw of these treats to a party! so thanks a lot!

-Amalia

7. Belinda @zomppa on October 15, 2010 at 9:08 am

These are so adorable!!

8. Heather @ The Single Dish on October 15, 2010 at 9:29 am

Thanks for all the great ideas! I am having a Halloween Baking night with my friends on Sunday and you just gave me some scary baking ideas! :)

9. Ruth Mudroch on October 15, 2010 at 9:35 am

I like making frankenberry treats :D just substitute them for your rice crispies in rice crispy treats. they are fun :)

10. Tabitha (From Single to Married) on October 15, 2010 at 9:35 am

Fantastic list! I love Bakerella and 101 Cookbooks. :)

11. Julie F on October 15, 2010 at 10:03 am

I love these little guys, and plan on making some next weekend!

• Michelle on October 18th, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Thanks for sharing the link Julie, those are awesome!

12. Kelly on October 15, 2010 at 11:10 am

Great ideas! We always make Mummy Cookies:

• Michelle on October 18th, 2010 at 10:51 pm

How adorable are those?! Very creative, love!

13. Jen @ How To: Simplify on October 15, 2010 at 11:30 am

This is a fabulous roundup! I can’t wait to try some of these recipes!

14. Jenny Flake on October 15, 2010 at 11:30 am

Such a fun round-up! Thanks for including me :) Love making Halloween treats!

15. coolblogger on October 15, 2010 at 11:38 am

Love all these recipes.
    We are planning to have virtual potluck. Hope we can use your bloglink .

16. Maria on October 15, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Fun ideas! I can’t believe Halloween is so soon!

17. Cookin' Canuck on October 15, 2010 at 12:42 pm

What fun ideas! I will definitely have to try some of these with my kids.

18. Tracy on October 15, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Great recipes! So excited for Halloween!

19. ashley on October 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm

going to try to make the pumpkin cupcakes and/or pumpkin scones this weekend!

20. Jillyan on October 15, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Thanks for posting this list. Im going to look them all up…I LOVE cute little holiiday treats.

21. Paula on October 15, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Great choices here, and they are cheering me up after a rough day of subbing in high school science! My girlfriends and I will be having a party next Saturday: poluck, pumpkin carving, chit chat, costumes optional…What to make, what to make, I’m liking the bloody fingers. lol Making really old fashioned brownies right now, gotta get them out of the oven. Thanks for Halloween ideas!

22. Liliana Tommasini on October 15, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Great recipes for Halloween. Now that my girls are all grown up, they don’t trick and treat like before – they go to Halloween parties!! I think I will make the cake balls for them to bring to the party.

Thanks for sharing these recipes.

23. Becky on October 15, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Michelle,
    Thank you for all of the great Halloween ideas. The skeleton cupcakes are so cute!

24. Katrina on October 15, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Thanks for sharing all of these amazing recipes! You’ve done my research for me :)

25. Jennifer @ Maple n Cornbread on October 16, 2010 at 4:00 pm

GREAT round up! Thanks so much for sharing these fabulous links/recipes! :)

26. bridget {bake at 350} on October 16, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Great list!!! Those skeleton cupcakes are fantastic!

27. The Chocolate Priestess on October 16, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Ah, aren’t you sweet to link to all those neat ideas for Halloween. I wish we could actually give out homemade treats but our collective paranoia prevents that now it seems. It would be far less fattening and unhealthy I bet over all for our kids if we did.

28. GreenGirl on October 16, 2010 at 11:49 pm

What a great list, thanks

29. Lauren on October 22, 2010 at 9:17 am

You share some really great Halloween Recipes here. I love finding new Halloween ideas to make for my kids. It is such a fun holiday. I have such great memories as a kid that I want to make my kids Halloweens just as memorable. I work with Better Recipes so I am constantly reviewing recipes but Halloween recipes are by far my favorite because they are so creative and fun!

30. Janice on October 28, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Halloween treats are so much fun, from funny, to spooky to gross. I work with Better Recipes and have been experimenting with gross recipes. How about some monster eyeballs? Some chocolate spiders? Check out these and more Gross Halloween Recipes